• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Then there is my first real taco place in Fullerton called Taqueria de Anda off of Valencia st. that we went to in high school. Tortillas made when you ordered and you could get lingua or cesos (cow brains) with either green or red sauce, onion and cilantro and a slice of lime. I guess they built a chain of them in later years and the old walk up shack is now a place you can sit down in. 

Taqueria de Anda has bout 5 stores now. Someone just opened a new place, Taco Rivera, across the street from one of the main Taco De Andas off Highland/Valencia which gets higher reviews, that's probably next on my list of places to visit. And every carniceria in the area now offers Tacos right off the grill.

Pedro's Tacos, one of the new taco places I was referring to and which I went to last night...would have kicked ass in Montana...in Fullerton...fair to middling and I'm wondering when the white person who decided to call their joint Pedro's tacos gets called out for it.

30 minutes ago, calscuf said:

When I lived in Inglewood, I would go to Tito's Tacos.  Good for fried tacos.

You'll love Tito's, too.

Had Tito's for the first time a few months ago...great stuff if you want the Americanized version of a taco (which I do love at times).

King Taco is excellent as well

On 10/20/2017 at 9:47 AM, Blarg said:

Then there is my first real taco place in Fullerton called Taqueria de Anda off of Valencia st. that we went to in high school. Tortillas made when you ordered and you could get lingua or cesos (cow brains) with either green or red sauce, onion and cilantro and a slice of lime. I guess they built a chain of them in later years and the old walk up shack is now a place you can sit down in. 

I'm a big fan although I don't think they still make the tortillas fresh.  I used to go there a few nights a week because I worked at the INO around the corner.  The best one of those is on Chapman and Tustin or there abouts.  Super crowded at 2am.  When I lived in Chino there was a Taqueria De Anda in Pomona that I would frequent.  They hate gays, but they have really good tacos and burritos.  

23 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I know that New Mexico Jim doesn't like it, but Tex Mex can be super delicious.

TexMex sucks at least the couple of places I tried.  What is your opinion of Torchy's Tacos?  Obviously it isn't authentic, but I enjoyed it for what it was.  

On 10/2/2017 at 1:41 PM, mtangelsfan said:

You trust the government enough to be the only ones armed?

I can't imagine that my firearm would be of much use against a government who could take my house out from 30,000 feet with a drone. The argument about guns protecting us from anarchy ceased to be valid decades ago. If anything, there is more chance of them creating it.

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I can't imagine that my firearm would be of much use against a government who could take my house out from 30,000 feet with a drone. The argument about guns protecting us from anarchy ceased to be valid decades ago. If anything, there is more chance of them creating it.

I don't know.  With all of the police shootings.......

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

A government that uses drones against their own citizens isn't a government that will remain in power for long.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, Blarg said:

And just as a warning, although this place was featured on food channel shows and their head chef on a couple competitions, Border Grill in Santa Monica is as bad as anything you can find out of state. Tourist love it. 

We ate there once in about 1997 and found the chips and salsa was pretty good since they used tortillas and three different sauces instead of what you traditionally expect. Don't remember my entree but recall it was tough to find something vegetarian friendly and wasn't very impressive. Haven't been back but it's been long enough that I'd consider going again sometime just out of curiosity.

Edited by Tank

12 hours ago, Jason said:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB620

California is more concerned about law abiding people having guns than the people that actually do bad things with them. Idiots

https://www.crimesolutions.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?ID=413

Apparently it was racist or something like that

i think they need to remove the whole "People of the state of California" thing from the top of those, LA/SF/SD metro darned sure dont speak for the inland rural counties in any way. 

15 hours ago, Tank said:

We ate there once in about 1997 and found the chips and salsa was pretty good since they used tortillas and three different sauces instead of what you traditionally expect. Don't remember my entree but recall it was tough to find something vegetarian friendly and wasn't very impressive. Haven't been back but it's been long enough that I'd consider going again sometime just out of curiosity.

Don't do it Tank. I went there just last Spring and it is absolutely terrible. We had a party of ten with reservations, it was off peak lunch and the service was horrendous. Those three pools of colored water they called salsa were tasteless. I couldn't even get a bottle of Tapatio. The chips were stale even though they supposedly make them fresh daily. The entress were nothing you would call Mexican in flavor or even fusion unless you were fusing Taco John's and Denny's.