• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

4 hours ago, floplag said:

People see what they want to see.  Ca is among the most restrictive in the nation both in types of guns and more recently limitations on ammo.  That is a fact.  

Those laws havn't affected anything i can see in Watts or East Los, or kept police alive,  or literally anything else its supposed to do from actual observation.  I dont know what those stats are based on, maybe robbery in Beverly Hills or some other selective shit, but im not buying it for a second.   

I'm no gun nut, dont own one, not in the NRA, im just not buying the bullshit as to why people want the laws or the reason used to justify them. 

to clarify im 100% in favor of sensible laws and restrictions, i see no reason we need wide spread open carry or why anyone needs a fucking arsenal in their home,  BUT, those are extremes and im talking about the other 99% of people. 

I don't trust any of the percentages that you cite in your post.

"Why?" you may ask.

Because I said so.

This is a fact.

Just now, Blarg said:

You feel backed up and can't use Metamucil? 

When I was in college in Maryville, MO, must have been my 2nd night there and I was drinking with my roommate. We get hungry and he starts telling me how awesome Taco John's is. We go. The only thing I've ever eaten that was more disgusting was Runza in Omaha (essentially a hot pocket fast food joint)

years and years ago I used to travel to St. Louis for work on a regular basis. One night a group of us traveling out from the west coast feel like margaritas and some Mexican food after a long day.

Sit down in the bar and are chatting with the waiter who asks where we are from...we mention California...oh...so am I he says, and then after making sure his boss is out of earshot...

"you're from California, this isn't Mexican food...I suggest you go elsewhere, you will hate it"

So, we got up and left and did what anyone in the midwest should do...found a steak joint

Out of high school I moved to Montana to live in Missoula for a while. I was dying for some tacos, an anytime, anyplace thing in SoCal but in Missoula back then there was only one place, Taco Time. 

The place is still at the same location but in a new building. I still won't go back there whenever I'm in town. They now have a Taco John's, another place I will never go back to. If forced to choose... 

Edited by Blarg

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

years and years ago I used to travel to St. Louis for work on a regular basis. One night a group of us traveling out from the west coast feel like margaritas and some Mexican food after a long day.

Sit down in the bar and are chatting with the waiter who asks where we are from...we mention California...oh...so am I he says, and then after making sure his boss is out of earshot...

"you're from California, this isn't Mexican food...I suggest you go elsewhere, you will hate it"

So, we got up and left and did what anyone in the midwest should do...found a steak joint

I have a client in Columbia SC. I go out for a visit a few years ago. He tells me "I'm taking you to Javier's! (not that Javier's)!" I say "Dude, you know where I live. I'm not eating your stank ass mexican food." He's a Phish head and hasn't missed a show in two decades. He's been to LA a bunch and tells me "This place is on par with your spots." 

It wasn't. I swear they used marinara for their salsa roja. 

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

I have a client in Columbia SC. I go out for a visit a few years ago. He tells me "I'm taking you to Javier's! (not that Javier's)!" I say "Dude, you know where I live. I'm not eating your stank ass mexican food." He's a Phish head and hasn't missed a show in two decades. He's been to LA a bunch and tells me "This place is on par with your spots." 

Canned enchilada sauce is more likely, that's what the salsa the dude first brought out to us before we started chatting was

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

I do not go to any "Mexican" restaurants out of the southwest region and even Arizona is sketchy. Aunt Chilladas, Chucks suggestion, was horrible service, lousy food and watered down drinks. 

And just as a warning, although this place was featured on food channel shows and their head chef on a couple competitions, Border Grill in Santa Monica is as bad as anything you can find out of state. Tourist love it. 

Edited by Blarg

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I do not go to any "Mexican" restaurants out of the southwest region and even Arizona is sketchy. Aunt Chilladas, Chucks suggestion, was horrible service, lousy food and watered down drinks. 

And honestly, I won't even go to a sitdown joint in So Cal anymore unless it's a social thing I'm obligated to attend. I want lard in my beans and fat on my carnitas. 

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Mexican food is not difficult to make.  I never understood why it's so shitty in most of America.

And I'm 100% in favor of the government taking all of your fucking guns.  Grow a couple inches on your dicks and shut the fuck up.

As a person who summers in Chicago I'm sure that is a logical self preservationist stance to take. 

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

And honestly, I won't even go to a sitdown joint in So Cal anymore unless it's a social thing I'm obligated to attend. I want lard in my beans and fat on my carnitas. 

We've found a few good sit down places but they have folding tables from Wal-Mart and three TVs playing soccer in Standard Def.

One of our favorite places for Mole and Chili Colorado changed hands because the family didn't like that the owner/cook wouldn't shut it down for a month now and then to go drinking and fishing in Mexico. 

The new owner uses canned crap. 

15 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I don't trust any of the percentages that you cite in your post.

"Why?" you may ask.

Because I said so.

This is a fact.

Or because we both know how these so-called stats work.  You ask the right people to get the answers you want and we believe the ones that reinforces our opinion.   I've read completely contradicting "studies" on the issue for years now and they all completely ignore the factors that don't support their intended results. 

To be clear this is on BOTH sides of it, not just the anti gun lobby, the NRA and its folk are equally full of shit.  Its just funny to me which ones people assume to be truth.  

What i know from actual observation that i dont need the newsmedia or any study to tell me about is that it hasnt stopped the inner city violence.  It hasnt stopped criminals from acquiring whatever weapons and ammo they want.  It hasnt stopped them from killing cops.  The rest is just agenda driven tripe.   Thats reality, not some fishwrap idiot telling me how to think. 

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

We've found a few good sit down places but they have folding tables from Wal-Mart and three TVs playing soccer in Standard Def.

One of our favorite places for Mole and Chili Colorado changed hands because the family didn't like that the owner/cook wouldn't shut it down for a month now and then to go drinking and fishing in Mexico. 

The new owner uses canned crap. 

There's a nice cash only taco joint in Lake Forest we found. You know it's legit because they sell perfume at the register. 

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

Or because we both know how these so-called stats work.  You ask the right people to get the answers you want and we believe the ones that reinforces our opinion.   I've read completely contradicting "studies" on the issue for years now and they all completely ignore the factors that don't support their intended results. 

To be clear this is on BOTH sides of it, not just the anti gun lobby, the NRA and its folk are equally full of shit.  Its just funny to me which ones people assume to be truth.  

What i know from actual observation that i dont need the newsmedia or any study to tell me about is that it hasnt stopped the inner city violence.  It hasnt stopped criminals from acquiring whatever weapons and ammo they want.  It hasnt stopped them from killing cops.  The rest is just agenda driven tripe.   Thats reality, not some fishwrap idiot telling me how to think. 

Stop derailing the thread!!!!