• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017-2018 General NFL Thread

nate

LOL at the Saints DB not trying to simply tackle him inbounds, instead of doing what he did.    At best, Vikings would have had a 50 yard FG attempt (one timeout left) if the DB tries for a normal defensive stop after the catch.

I can't figure out how Philly without Wentz beat a hot Falcons team.   Have to give Philly's defense credit.   Maybe the cold weather affected the Falcons offense?

LOL at the Steelers allowing J'Ville to beat them not once but twice in Pittsburgh in the span of 3 months. 

At this point, Philly/Minnesota is a tossup, slight edge to Minnesota who still plays division opponents on the road in cold weather.

Does J'ville have one more miracle in it, to get to Super Bore 52?    Sick and tired of New England!   

18 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I was wrong and it was the safety Williams and not Lattimore who made that poor attempt at a tackle if you want to call it that.  An article I read pointed out the same thing Lou - tackle Diggs in bounds and that's game. Great game just the worst possible way to defend that last play. 

Wasn't there enough time to call time out though, before the game ended, if being tackled inbounds.   Looks like 4-5 seconds were left when the ball was caught?

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Wasn't there enough time to call time out though, before the game ended, if being tackled inbounds.   Looks like 4-5 seconds were left when the ball was caught?

Minnesota used their final time out a few plays before on the play that got them to their own 39 which was a pass to Diggs in the middle of the field.  That's why everyone is confused as to how the safety played it  because even if he lets Diggs catch it he can wrap him up in bounds and end the game.  The safety is the last line of defense so he knows it's about 99% likely that there's no one else on his team between Diggs and the end zone.  It's easy to armchair QB but even watching that play live you're left wondering what kind of tackle attempt was that because it seemed like he was more afraid of a penalty then anything else.  At that point in the game the officials don't want to throw a flag unless it's very clearly a penalty.  The announcers were even talking about that the series before when NO had the ball and one of their receives wanted a flag.  They said the NFL told officials late in the game if you can't tell it's a penalty in real time don't throw the flag.    

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Minnesota used their final time out a few plays before on the play that got them to their own 39 which was a pass to Diggs in the middle of the field.  That's why everyone is confused as to how the safety played it  because even if he lets Diggs catch it he can wrap him up in bounds and end the game.  The safety is the last line of defense so he knows it's about 99% likely that there's no one else on his team between Diggs and the end zone.  It's easy to armchair QB but even watching that play live you're left wondering what kind of tackle attempt was that because it seemed like he was more afraid of a penalty then anything else.  At that point in the game the officials don't want to throw a flag unless it's very clearly a penalty.  The announcers were even talking about that the series before when NO had the ball and one of their receives wanted a flag.  They said the NFL told officials late in the game if you can't tell it's a penalty in real time don't throw the flag.    

Thanks, i could have sworn in one of the highlights that the graphic still showed Minnesota with one timeout left.    It's even stranger then that with 0 timeouts, the DB didn't simply let the guy catch the ball and then keep him in bounds to end the game.

i was out of town this weekend and couldn't watch any of the games. heard that NE got yet another ridiculous break from the refs. anyone got a video clip of it? not really sure what to look for since i'm sure there are a few billion clips on google of "refs help patriots win game."

15 hours ago, Tank said:

i was out of town this weekend and couldn't watch any of the games. heard that NE got yet another ridiculous break from the refs. anyone got a video clip of it? not really sure what to look for since i'm sure there are a few billion clips on google of "refs help patriots win game."

Considering the game ended up a rout, not a big deal.    Just want J'ville to finally deprive us of the Pats in the Super Bore. 

On 1/19/2018 at 10:46 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Just once, before they put me in the ground, I want to see my Jags win it all.

honestly, there's no reason to think they're going to beat NE and Brady today, but so far they've come to play. This would be a fantastic upset. Up 14-3.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Jags turned into the chiefs and started some bullshit pussy play calling on offense that resulted in punting quick.

This is what happens when you play not to lose instead of sticking with what has worked all half.

I did note how the officials accounted for almost 50 yards of the Patriots' touchdown drive at the end of the half. The personal foul call on the hit on Gronkowski was complete bullshit.

What concerns me about the possible Eagles Patriots matchup is that

1. An eagle has a body length of about 40 inches.

2. Mel Gibson (his movie The Patriot is the Patriots namesake) is 70 inches tall.

I don't see how it's gonna be a fair fight, that's a child fighting an adult. #eaglelivesmatter

Edited by UndertheHalo

26961682_1796948327018514_460294147757374617_o.jpg?oh=de63800555759b9fa867b7e59f8e5274&oe=5AF447F4

And they did, most famously on what should have been a scoop-and-score on a fumble on a trick play by New England.

A.J. Bouye: Patriots were goading Jaguars to commit penalties

Cornerback A.J. Bouye did not blame the Jacksonville Jaguars' 24-20 loss to the New England Patriots on officiating, but he certainly wasn't happy about the huge discrepancy in penalties.

The Jaguars were penalized six times for 98 yards in Sunday's AFC Championship Game while the Patriots were penalized just once for 10 yards, which was a holding penalty on a kickoff.

Bouye was especially upset about Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore not being called for pass interference against receiver Dede Westbrook on a fourth-down pass late in the game, a 32-yard pass interference call against him late in the first half that set up a touchdown, and about Patriots receiver Danny Amendola not being called for head-butting safety Tashaun Gipson after a play in the third quarter.