• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017-2018 General NFL Thread

nate

On 12/25/2017 at 9:36 PM, Brandon said:

dumb motherfuckers.

had the raiders @ +8.5. looks like a lock the whole goddamn game and they get cute on the last play of the game, fumble, and the eagles take it in to score.

final score, 19-10.

another reason to hate the raiders.

I remember thinking when I watched that game, THAT was going to screw some bettors.  But then I thought, hell, nobody would be dumb enough to bet the Raiders against the Iggles if they couldn't get at least 10 points.

Seriously though...the days of easy money betting NFL games ended with the 1980s. I lived in Vegas then, and used to kill it during football season. I wouldn't touch the NFL now.  

8 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I remember thinking when I watched that game, THAT was going to screw some bettors.  But then I thought, hell, nobody would be dumb enough to bet the Raiders against the Iggles if they couldn't get at least 10 points.

Seriously though...the days of easy money betting NFL games ended with the 1980s. I lived in Vegas then, and used to kill it during football season. I wouldn't touch the NFL now.  

what? the eagles have a back up qb in when it's cold as shit. 8.5 was plenty to start. the kickers kept missing kicks to only make it a three point game. a lot of people got fucked on this game.

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

Meanwhile the Cleveland Browns have a shot at the perfect season. The question is, will they fuck it up like they did last season and go 1-15 ruining the parade plans?

Imagine how the Chargers feel.   Browns are 1-1 against them, and 0-29 against everyone else the past two years.   Glen must have been pissed that day the Browns won. 

16 hours ago, Tank said:

raiders have fired jack del rio? why? that seems like a pretty stupid decision, but then again, that's kind of become synonymous with how the franchise is run (thank goodness).

because they went from 12-4 to 6-10 with the same players. the team as a whole took a big step back. they were even seen as potential super bowl contenders before the season started. it was easily justified.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

because they went from 12-4 to 6-10 with the same players. the team as a whole took a big step back. they were even seen as potential super bowl contenders before the season started. it was easily justified.

they lost Carr for 2 or 3 games though. should that have mattered?

i'd have given del rio another year to see if this year was just an outlier. he was 25-23 in his three years there. that's the most success that team has had since the super bowl season of '02.

On 1/1/2018 at 2:49 PM, Tank said:

they lost Carr for 2 or 3 games though. should that have mattered?

i'd have given del rio another year to see if this year was just an outlier. he was 25-23 in his three years there. that's the most success that team has had since the super bowl season of '02.

Carr actually only ended up missing 1 game in 2017.  They were 2-2 before he suffered a back injury that led to him missing that game and over those 4 games he was below average based on QBR.  Perhaps he came back early in an attempt to right the ship and wasn't fully healed but if so that's partially on the coaches and doctors for letting him play if they knew or could tell he wasn't at 100%.  A lot of guys don't play at 100% don't get me wrong but if it's your QB and he can't throw or scramble when needed that early in the year you're better off sitting him so he can heal and you make a late season push.  At 25-23 over a 3 year period that may have been the most success they had since 2002 but they had the highest expectations in 2017 since 2003 and they under performed.  If your expectations are super bowl or at the very least a deep playoff run and you only win 6 games odds are someone is out of a job whether it's the assistants, head coach or GM.       

Down by 7 with over 2 minutes left to play, the 2 minute warning and 2 TO's Pitt goes for the onside kick which didn't work out and pretty much had Jacksonville in FG range.  Still trying to figure that one out. 

Minnesota off to a good start.  If it turns out to be NE/Jacksonville and Philly/Minnesota I can't think of the last time I was less interested in the Championship round.  Hopefully they turn into some good games and somehow NE doesn't end up winning it all.