• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017-2018 General NFL Thread

nate

16 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

26961682_1796948327018514_460294147757374617_o.jpg?oh=de63800555759b9fa867b7e59f8e5274&oe=5AF447F4

And they did, most famously on what should have been a scoop-and-score on a fumble on a trick play by New England.

A.J. Bouye: Patriots were goading Jaguars to commit penalties

Cornerback A.J. Bouye did not blame the Jacksonville Jaguars' 24-20 loss to the New England Patriots on officiating, but he certainly wasn't happy about the huge discrepancy in penalties.

The Jaguars were penalized six times for 98 yards in Sunday's AFC Championship Game while the Patriots were penalized just once for 10 yards, which was a holding penalty on a kickoff.

Bouye was especially upset about Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore not being called for pass interference against receiver Dede Westbrook on a fourth-down pass late in the game, a 32-yard pass interference call against him late in the first half that set up a touchdown, and about Patriots receiver Danny Amendola not being called for head-butting safety Tashaun Gipson after a play in the third quarter.

Can it be more obvious??

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Browns. Joe Thomas already recruiting him. They will add Saquon Barkley in the draft and that offense will be insane. They already have 1 of the better offensive lines in the nfl. 

I hope you are right. I don't want the Browns picking a QB with first draft pick. Let the Giants have pick of the litter. I just hope the Browns don't trade down and let another QB hungry team in.

6 minutes ago, nate said:

I think the Giants are going to pick Rosen.

I hope not. I just don't see his skill set translating to NFC East football when the weather gets cold, and the winds start whipping. I see a little skinny kid sitting on a heated bench, shivering, and complaining that his head hurts and his shoulder is sore.

2 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

I hope not. I just don't see his skill set translating to NFC East football when the weather gets cold, and the winds start whipping. I see a little skinny kid sitting on a heated bench, shivering, and complaining that his head hurts and his shoulder is sore.

Where would you get that idea?

Dude played through a ton of injuries, and probably has the strongest arm of any of the QBs hitting the draft...

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

He’s not a little kid. He’s like 6’4 and around 225 and can easily add 15 pounds 

knock on him is that he’s already beat up and his out of character actions throughout college, let’s not forget about his crazy Mom who turned off schools like Stanford and usc from pursuing Rosen 

2 hours ago, nate said:

Where would you get that idea?

Dude played through a ton of injuries, and probably has the strongest arm of any of the QBs hitting the draft...

I got that idea from you as far as the injuries go.

As far as his arm goes, I agree, he has a strong, accurate arm. However, I had season tickets for the Giants since I was a kid, and I have seen plenty of strong arm QBs come into the Meadowlands late in the season, when the wind is howling, and temps are in the teens, and watched them collapse because the ball would float away, they couldn't grip it, receivers dropping the rock, etc... 

It is a tale of two seasons when it comes to playing in the Northeast, which is why Eli does not get the credit he deserves. I feel Rosen would be better served playing in a dome, or warm weather.  

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, nate said:

Rosen still hasn't cleared concussion protocol, won't play in the bowl game.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, nate said:

The real concern might be about durability.  He suffered a shoulder injury two years ago (they never said but I think collar bone) and only played in five games.  This year he had two concussions and missed 2.5 games because of it.

46 minutes ago, nando714 said:

He’s not a little kid. He’s like 6’4 and around 225 and can easily add 15 pounds 

knock on him is that he’s already beat up and his out of character actions throughout college, let’s not forget about his crazy Mom who turned off schools like Stanford and usc from pursuing Rosen 

Wow, he does not look that big, but obviously I am wrong. He doesn't look like he is over 200lbs though. I think that's an exaggeration.

2DDABFF500000578-3292509-Rosen_a_true_freshman_is_making_headlines_on_the_field_too_In_la-a-19_1445985328620.jpg

3 hours ago, NJHalo said:

I hope you are right. I don't want the Browns picking a QB with first draft pick. Let the Giants have pick of the litter. I just hope the Browns don't trade down and let another QB hungry team in.

I don't disagree with you about the Browns not using the first pick on a QB but do you really want them signing Cousins?  QB is the most important position on the field but initial estimates are that he'll get one of if not the biggest contracts in NFL history.  Denver needs a QB but I hope they stay away from Cousins because I don't want them locking that much money up in him.  Maybe I'm wrong and he'll go on to be a HOF'er but he's been sporadic at times and hasn't shown enough to warrant landing one of the biggest contracts in NFL history.  That said it's all about the guaranteed money.  If whoever signs him structures it so that the guaranteed portion is reasonable (at least in NFL terms) then they have an out if it doesn't work out long term.  

Good move by KC because they aren't going anywhere with Smith, the move frees up cap space and they can move forward with Mahomes.  

On 1/31/2018 at 10:42 AM, NJHalo said:

Cousins is a very good QB that has been stuck on a shit team. I would never pay him the money that they are saying he will get. 

Word from back home is that the Jaguars may be a player for Cousins. Blake Bortles has shown flashes of brilliance, but his inconsistency is a killer. The dilemma is that Bortles is owed $19.1M for next season if he is on the roster on March 14. He also just had surgery on the wrist of his throwing hand.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:04 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Word from back home is that the Jaguars may be a player for Cousins. Blake Bortles has shown flashes of brilliance, but his inconsistency is a killer. The dilemma is that Bortles is owed $19.1M for next season if he is on the roster on March 1. He also just had surgery on the wrist of his throwing hand.

what kind of world do we live in where blake effing bortles makes $19.1 mil for a season?

On 1/31/2018 at 9:04 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Word from back home is that the Jaguars may be a player for Cousins. Blake Bortles has shown flashes of brilliance, but his inconsistency is a killer. The dilemma is that Bortles is owed $19.1M for next season if he is on the roster on March 1. He also just had surgery on the wrist of his throwing hand.

The bigger dilemma is that if Bortles is injured as of the beginning of the league year he's guaranteed that money.  Even if the Jags want to part ways with him if he can't pass a physical in about 6 weeks they're taking the cap hit no matter what. 

Tank that's the cost of Jacksonville picking up his 5th year option last year.  As ridiculous as it seems it gave them a stop gap for one more year and didn't lock them into anything long term.  In 2017 there were 15 QB's who made more than that annually.    

On 1/31/2018 at 10:42 AM, NJHalo said:

Cousins is a very good QB that has been stuck on a shit team. I would never pay him the money that they are saying he will get. 

I agree

hes either great or he throws 3 int 

please do not come to Arizona . I’d rather draft a QB and sign/ trade for a vet 

Jacksonville's management sent video of 12 plays from the AFC Championship Game to the NFL office to get an interpretation. According to the league office, all 12 should have been penalties against New England, yet none of them were called. 

This is the backdrop against which I didn't watch the Super Bowl tonight. It's a little tough to take when your team has never been, and you know that they were ripped off two weeks ago.

The officiating in the Superbowl was balanced and for the most part equal in non calls. I think the league took note following the Jacksonville game and made it clear there would be no favoritism. That still doesn't excuse the league from fixing the Jacksonville game through the zebras flags. I think the replays prove that was the case.