• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What was your favorite Angels transaction day?

Chuck

What was your favorite Angels transaction day?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite Angels transaction day?

• The Mark Trumbo trade (Dec 11, 2013)
    • The evening we signed Vladimir Guerrero (Jan 11, 2004)
    • Justin Upton & Brandon Phillips trades (Aug 31st, 2017)
    • Thanksgiving eve when we signed Torii Hunter (Nov 23, 2007)
    • The day we signed Reggie Jackson (Jan 22nd, 1982)
    • Mark Langston signing (Dec 2nd, 1989)
    • The Mets trade Nolan Ryan to California Angels (Dec 10, 1971)
    • The Angels sign Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson (Dec 8th, 2011)
    • Mo Vaughn signs with the Angels (Nov 26th, 1998)
    • Mark Teixeira Traded To Angels (Jul 29th, 2008)
    • Jered Weaver signs contract extension with the Angels (Aug 23, 2011)

It's not on the list for good reason but damn.... Waking up that early December morning in 2011 to the news of Pujols signing in Anaheim quickly followed by CJ Wilson. That was absolutely insane. Had MLB Network on tv while getting ready for work. Hauling ass in my car so I can get to work and keep up with the news and what's happening here on the board.

@Adam that was a fun night when the news broke when I was preparing my Thanksgiving meal for guests the next day. 

The Pujols/Wilson signing day was just nuts. It about broke our old website, but it was so much fun. Christmas came early that year. 

To me it's Vlad, because it was unexpected and he was one of the best players in the game, STILL in his prime. I was sitting in the jacuzzi having a glass of wine when my buddy @Mrinsider called me to tell me the news. 

Vlad for me. 

Punols and wilson was great. Bot just because we landed the best player in baseball (time flies), but more important, we learned about the new media deal. And i assumed that meant wed be like the dodgers are now.

But vlad was it. I dont normally dig on guys from other teams, but vlad was my favorite player as an expo. Id never expected us to land a top tier all star, so when it all happened i was ecstatic. 

Id add colon to the list, too. Personally i almost lioed it better than vlad...may not seem like it now, but colon was a beast pitcher when he came here. And the first big name pitcher we had signed in years.

So this is going to sound weird, I am going to pick the day we signed Mo Vaughn.  After enduring the pain of 1986 and then a number of really dreadful years to follow, signing Vaughn made me feel like things were going to be different going forward.  That we weren't some small market afterthought anymore.  

Of the choices listed, I picked Vlad.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

So this is going to sound weird, I am going to pick the day we signed Mo Vaughn.  After enduring the pain of 1986 and then a number of really dreadful years to follow, signing Vaughn made me feel like things were going to be different going forward.  That we weren't some small market afterthought anymore.  

I forgot about Mo Vaughn. I'll add him in as a choice. 

I too was very excited after that news broke. 

To be honest.......I was so jacked when we signed Mo Vaughn.  We had some great pitchers but couldn't hit with the other teams.  I had never seen the angels sign a big free agent before Mo.  He was coming off a recent MVP and leading Boston into the post season.  I bought into the new mo-lineaum.

For me, it has to be Torii

He was one of my favorite players growing up (I even put a 48 on my glove with marker). I was just sitting in my room about to go to bed, I figured I'd hit refresh one last time on MLB. Com and saw Torii on front page. I was shocked as it was something I didn't expect in the slightest and was absolutely floored. 

Being able to watch Torii play everyday was awesome. I really wish things ended here differently with him. 

I've also been an Upton fan for quite some time now too so yesterday was a long time coming for me. I think I've beat the Upton/Cespedes drum long enough. I've kind of been lucky in the sense that some of my favorite players have ended up on my favorite teams somehow (Cam Newton baby!).

1976/1977/1978/1979 Off Seasons: Other than the trade for Nolan Ryan this was when my Halos started actually being relevant. 
1976 Signed Bobby Grich, Signed Don Baylor, Signed Joe Rudi

1977 Traded Dotson, Bonds, Bosley to the ChiSox for Downing, Knapp, Frost, Signed Lyman Bostock

1978 Traded Danny Goodwin, Ron "Poppa Jack" Jackson to the Twins for Dan Ford.

1979 Traded Dave Engle, Paul Hartzell, Brad Havens and Kenny Landreaux to the Twins for Rod Carew.

There are others later!

signed Reggie Jackson, signed Mo Vaughn, signed Vlad, signed Bruce Kison, Trade for Fred Lynn, Trade for Rick Burleson/Butch Hobson who scrubbed us, Trade for Don Sutton & Tommy John were pretty significant at the time. Also, The signing of Geoff Zahn and Trade for Ken Forsch at the time were also solid additions. Signed Mark Langston, Signed AP#5 and blew $$$ on the power Lefty bat that had a Drug relapse (will never say his name ever again), Signed Torii Hunter, Big Tex trade, Greinke trade, Haren Trade, Compensation Pick of Donnie Moore. Traded for Doug Corbett who I thought would help (he didn't) and we lost Tom Brunansky.... There are more I will add them as I remember them....

Memory Lane -  Thanks Cowboy!~