• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nolasco needs to go!

Chuck

After today's decent start:

6-12 1.45 WHIP 5.16 ERA 83 ERA+ 

He's pretty bad in every describable way but he's capable of putting up a decent start every now and then.  His $13 mil option becomes a player option for '18 if he gets a combined 400 innings between '16/'17 and, as of today, he needs 62 innings to hit that number.  With around 7 starts left in the season, he'd have to average 8.8 innings per start to hit that number leaving the Angels to pay only $1 mil to get rid of him.

In other words, money well spent.

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

After today's decent start:

6-12 1.45 WHIP 5.16 ERA 83 ERA+ 

He's pretty bad in every describable way but he's capable of putting up a decent start every now and then.  His $13 mil option becomes a player option for '18 if he gets a combined 400 innings between '16/'17 and, as of today, he needs 62 innings to hit that number.  With around 7 starts left in the season, he'd have to average 8.8 innings per start to hit that number leaving the Angels to pay only $1 mil to get rid of him.

In other words, money well spent.

I'm a bit scared to ask this question, but do playoff innings count toward the total? I hope the answer is no, otherwise I can't wait until ALCS game 7 when he gives up 6 runs in 2 and a third and triggers his option. 

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I'm a bit scared to ask this question, but do playoff innings count toward the total? I hope the answer is no, otherwise I can't wait until ALCS game 7 when he gives up 6 runs in 2 and a third and triggers his option. 

Not 100% certain but I think it only pertains to the postseason unless its written into the contract

7 minutes ago, NachoPop said:

With Petit and Chavez already in the bullpen for long relief there is absolutely no place for him on the team. Is there any work on Heaney or Scribner replacing him or is that just a dream?

Heaney is replacing Scribner. 

If you want Nolasco out now, Scribner has to take his place. 

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

31 home runs he's given up this season. Outside of a few solid starts he's just been awful this season.

We're always coming from behind when he's on the mound it seems, or just downright losing ball games. 

How much longer do we have to endure this guy?

Through all of the playoffs and world series, so lighten up Francis.

6 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Through all of the playoffs and world series, so lighten up Francis.

Only three Angels pitchers have managed to throw over 100 innings this season.  Ramirez 141.2, Nolasco 139.2, and Chavez 120..  The next closest pitcher has thrown 72 innings, that's Bridwell.  Yeah, he's not the quality pitcher you need to maximize wins, but he eats innings.  And that was very important this year.  We have no other pitchers who can eat up Nolasco and Chavez's 259.2 innings.  Their sheer endurance is an odd way has heavily contributed to where we are at this moment.  Neither one will be here next year, and hopefully we can replace them with higher quality starters who can throw as many innings.

Yep, Nolasco scares the daylight out of me as much as you guys, and a lot of the time it's not pretty to watch.  It reminds me of the Garret Anderson situation.  He didn't excel defensively as a left fielder, but he stayed on the field and most of the time kept himself in the game and kept grinding away.  It enabled him to continue to contribute at the plate where he was great.  Sometimes you need guys who can play a complete season, because when others go down with injuries there is nothing they can do to help the team short of being a cheer leader.