• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

• Yes..he's done more with less and has exceeded expectations.
    • No...he's a idiot with a talent laden team that should go to the WS.
    • Yes..I'm a Scioscia nutswinger.
    • No...I hate Scioscia.
    • No opinion.

3 hours ago, floplag said:

Nolasco and Chavez are not, thats silly.  
Noalsco is in line with previous years, and down from his 2014/2015 ERAs, you didnt really think you were getting a 3 ERA guy there did you?  
Same with Ramirez his overall ERA is the lowest its been in 3 seasons, again i hope you didnt expect that small cup of coffee was what he was?  
As for the rest its cute how you cherry picked certain parts, but like i said im sure Sven gets all the good credit and none of the bad in all cases as he is the genius of geniuses.  
Note:  all lols removed to avoid distraction.  Except this one, ooops. 

Well Nolasco is 6-12.  

Chavez ERA is almost a full run higher than last year and last year he pitched most of his season in a VERY hitter friendly ball park in Toronto.  

I put Ramirez in the category of overachiever, something that actually strengthens your argument.

As far as cherry picking, I literally named just about every starter the team has on offense, minus catcher, and most of the important parts of the staff.  So by cherry picking you mean all relevant players, then yes.  

Reasons.

Maybe it's about the duality of being a manager. You don't get credit when they win, you get blamed when they lose. It's difficult tor determine not only which managers are really good, but also how much impact they have on the game at all.

Or, I was bored watching this game.

8 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

There some on this board that are in love with Scioscia. Scioscia is not giving the Angels there best chance to win. He shouldn't be manager of the year, he should be fired.  

I would expect Eppler to already have a manager in the queue if he intends to fire Scioscia, just like Epstein did with Madden.  Since every manager worth having is already employed, I think Mike will be around for awhile.

I am also betting that Albert and Mike would need to be on-board for any such change to have a chance to succeed.

9 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

There some on this board that are in love with Scioscia. Scioscia is not giving the Angels there best chance to win. He shouldn't be manager of the year, he should be fired.  

I dont even care if people love him as a  manager, thats their prerogative, what i cant understand is how he gets credit for the good and no blame for the  bad.  How does he get credit for pitchers over preforming and no responsibility for bats under?   i simply dont understand the logic.  
I've said previously that I personally dont give the manager either for what happens on the field, to me that on the players either way, its the managers job to put the right players on the field in the right spots at the right time, and in my opinion Scoscia is not doing that this season.  
The funny part is im not even suggesting hes terrible and havent even suggested he should be fired, only that hes made many mistakes and isnt in my view a MOTY candidate, but questioning him and not suggesting hes the best brings down the wrath of some in a very illogical manner.

39 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I would expect Eppler to already have a manager in the queue if he intends to fire Scioscia, just like Epstein did with Madden.  Since every manager worth having is already employed, I think Mike will be around for awhile.

I am also betting that Albert and Mike would need to be on-board for any such change to have a chance to succeed.

Alas, i think this is very true.  I think even those who might want to fire him would be hard pressed to suggest a better replacement even in the upcoming off season. 

10 hours ago, floplag said:

its just funny that you argue he deserves a share of success but no blame for failure.  Where do i get that job?  

Well since you can't understand sarcasm, I have no idea where you would get that job.  I blame Sosh, just not for the stupid shit some on here blame him for.  We have people that bitch about his every move and blame him for every bad decision.  Then when his in game decisions work, then the inevitable they won in spite of Sosh posts come out.  

9 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Cool story bro.  Congrats on getting this far in life being this ignorant.  

24 minutes ago, floplag said:

I dont even care if people love him as a  manager, thats their prerogative, what i cant understand is how he gets credit for the good and no blame for the  bad.  How does he get credit for pitchers over preforming and no responsibility for bats under?   i simply dont understand the logic.  
I've said previously that I personally dont give the manager either for what happens on the field, to me that on the players either way, its the managers job to put the right players on the field in the right spots at the right time, and in my opinion Scoscia is not doing that this season.  
The funny part is im not even suggesting hes terrible and havent even suggested he should be fired, only that hes made many mistakes and isnt in my view a MOTY candidate, but questioning him and not suggesting hes the best brings down the wrath of some in a very illogical manner.

Please show me where people give him credit and blame.  Virtually nobody on here gives him credit when the team does well then blames him when he or the team fails.  Mike is a polarizing person on message boards.  To say he gets credit on here is stupid.  Nearly every single pro Scioscia post is in response to some jackass flying off the handle about Mike.  

As far as Mike not putting players in the right spots, I will agree he isn't doing that with Albert, that is about it.  

No one on here says he's the best, that is just hyperbole from the normal People that over react on here. 

27 minutes ago, floplag said:

Alas, i think this is very true.  I think even those who might want to fire him would be hard pressed to suggest a better replacement even in the upcoming off season. 

I think it would be funny if the Angels went to Trout and asked him who he wanted to play for in order to have the best chance at him signing an extension and he said Sosh.  Obviously that wouldn't happen, should they ask Mike, I think so.  Imagine people on here freaking the fuck out having to deal with Scioscia because everyone we love wants him here.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Please show me where people give him credit and blame.  Virtually nobody on here gives him credit when the team does well then blames him when he or the team fails.  Mike is a polarizing person on message boards.  To say he gets credit on here is stupid.  Nearly every single pro Scioscia post is in response to some jackass flying off the handle about Mike.  

As far as Mike not putting players in the right spots, I will agree he isn't doing that with Albert, that is about it.  

No one on here says he's the best, that is just hyperbole from the normal People that over react on here. 

i am so not going down this road with you again, no, nada, nyet, hell no and ill pass.  Its a circle jerk.  Ive explained my view, youve shoved your down my throat, nothing changed then it wont now.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well since you can't understand sarcasm, I have no idea where you would get that job.  I blame Sosh, just not for the stupid shit some on here blame him for.  We have people that bitch about his every move and blame him for every bad decision.  Then when his in game decisions work, then the inevitable they won in spite of Sosh posts come out.  

oh i understand it fine, but when something is repeated multiple times i tend to think its not sarcasm anymore. 

I have found myself internally disagreeing with MS on a fair number of moves lately.  Mostly related to the pen but also some PH choices and putting Pennington in the lineup.  

Even though there have been a couple of high profile meltdowns, the team has been playing some of it's best baseball over the past month or so.  

Is it because of him or in spite of him?  

Probably a little bit of both.  

At the end of the day, I feel like the team has more wins than would be expected from the way guys have played.   Some of that goes to MS.  

No manager is perfect and he has done a good job overall considering all the injuries that keeps on biting the team and the underperforming players (you know who I am referring to). I might not like some of the decisions that he makes, like batting you know who behind Trout, not letting guys bunt and move runners, and not playing Cron before Yunel went down but like I said, this team is still in the WC race despite all the adversity that it has dealt with this year.