• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

• Yes..he's done more with less and has exceeded expectations.
    • No...he's a idiot with a talent laden team that should go to the WS.
    • Yes..I'm a Scioscia nutswinger.
    • No...I hate Scioscia.
    • No opinion.

Just now, jonickell25 said:

Middleton has given up 8 home runs in 40 innings. Bring him in when the situation is tense....and on a night when the ball is flying out. There's honestly no excuse for it. 

Except for the fact that Petit was losing it.  

32 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes -- those three innings of shut down pen tonight when the Orioles had been knocking the ball out of the park including bringing in Bedrosian into the game in the 6th really bring home that point -- Right?

People whine that he's old school, but if he uses his best pitcher in a manner that is encouraged by the saber community -- you know, like facing two guys that have already gone yard...  then he's an idiot when Petit and the fourth RP of the night blows it.

So..  set roles for RPs?   The old school way?   Nevermind the situation..  is that what fans consider bullpen management?

Angel fans -- please, never change...

Do you think if Middleton came in with a clean slate in the 6th, he would have fared better? I do. Much less pressure. Parker and Bedrosian should pitch the 8th and 9th. Come on now.

6 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angels are fighting for a watered down postseason spot. A second wild card was added to give mediocre teams a chance.  A few years ago the Angels wouldn't be in the hunt. Zero postseason wins since 2009,  Scioscia fans would give him manager of the decade. 

images.jpeg

3 hours ago, jonickell25 said:

I disagree. Putting the youngster in a high pressure situation was a bad call. No other way around it.

He put in Petit to work the final two innings and then Petit failed....   Outside of Blake Parker, Petit's likely been the best RP on the team over the course of the season.  Petit tanked, he went to Middleton...    Had he kept Petit in and he blows the game then some other armchair type would have complained that they didn't try Middleton because.   Durrrr Stooopid Mike Sosha loves his veterans..

Do you think if Middleton came in with a clean slate in the 6th, he would have fared better? I do. Much less pressure. Parker and Bedrosian should pitch the 8th and 9th. Come on now.

Middleton was in the game because the most experienced RP on the active roster, the one with the 67 career games finished failed to do his job...   So, if you wanna argue that Petit has been bad or struggled with the pressure because "reasons"..   Go ahead..  

As far as defined bullpen roles go..   I don't have an opinion -- what I do know is that's considered very old school and out-dated.   I do think a team should use their best RP in the highest leverage situation..  Whether that considered a defined role or not, I dunno.

Staying with Bud Norris so long....I could go on and on.

Staying with him so long...   

In the 10 appearances prior to his first GS loss, Bud Norris had Kd 12, walked 2, and allowed a .428 OPS...   Through that point in the season he had pitched 40 innings, allowed 28 hits while striking out 51 -- his OPS allowed was .561

He then "stuck with him" a total of 4.2 innings, 6 apperances in the space of 11 days....  three of them were scoreless appearances and saves..... three of them complete clusterfucks.

But please...   Go on..

I've been here as a lurker for a long time. Maybe it's the 3 grand slam walk off losses that has me a little agitated.

Nobody can really blame you on that one...   It's annoying.     Being a fan can leave one feeling like they just got kicked in the nuts...    (Prolly by Mike Scioscia)

I've been here as a lurker for a long time. Maybe it's the 3 grand slam walk off losses that has me a little agitated.

Well, thats the thing. If you just lurk the baseball threads here, youll go crazy with this team. You have to contribute, mainly in the hangout threads. We talk about dongs, daily recipes, and photography. Head there when nights like tonight happen.

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He put in Petit to work the final two innings and then Petit failed....   Outside of Blake Parker, Petit's likely been the best RP on the team over the course of the season.  Petit tanked, he went to Middleton...    Had he kept Petit in and he blows the game then some other armchair type would have complained that they didn't try Middleton because.   Durrrr Stooopid Mike Sosha loves his veterans..

Middleton was in the game because the most experienced RP on the active roster, the one with the 67 career games finished failed to do his job...   So, if you wanna argue that Petit has been bad or struggled with the pressure because "reasons"..   Go ahead..  

As far as defined bullpen roles go..   I don't have an opinion -- what I do know is that's considered very old school and out-dated.   I do think a team should use their best RP in the highest leverage situation..  Whether that considered a defined role or not, I dunno.

Staying with him so long...   

In the 10 appearances prior to his first GS loss, Bud Norris had Kd 12, walked 2, and allowed a .428 OPS...   Through that point in the season he had pitched 40 innings, allowed 28 hits while striking out 51 -- his OPS allowed was .561

He then "stuck with him" a total of 4.2 innings, 6 apperances in the space of 11 days....  three of them were scoreless appearances and saves..... three of them complete clusterfucks.

But please...   Go on..

Well maybe I let my emotions get the best of me last night. Sure felt like he had been pitching shitty post all star break.

2 minutes ago, jonickell25 said:

Well maybe I let my emotions get the best of me last night. Sure felt like he had been pitching shitty post all star break.

Two game losing Grannies have a way of making it look way way uglier.   Besides that -- there was no question something was off with him, there is no denying he turned into a pumpkin.   It just didn't take that long for MS to pull the plug on him as a closer.  

I get why people think it was longer...  It may have just been 4.2 innings but they were some of the worst innings of Angels baseball all season.  

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Well, thats the thing. If you just lurk the baseball threads here, youll go crazy with this team. You have to contribute, mainly in the hangout threads. We talk about dongs, my tranny pic collection, daily recipes, and photography. Head there when nights like tonight happen.

Fify since you forget to include.

You're welcome.