• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball Photo Trivia

He's the only outfielder in baseball history with more career double plays (37) than errors (33).

He also had a 37-game hitting streak one year.

In 1945 he had 28 home runs and only 9 strikeouts, an all-time record for differential (19). In his first career 233 PA he struck out only once.

Not an easy answer. He is not a household name among baseball fans, but one of you smart guys will probably get it.

220px-Tommy_Holmes.jpg

Holmes is in 4th place all-time for lowest strikeout percentage. His ratio of K's/at-bats is 2.44%.

Who are the top three (players since 1901)?

They played most of their careers for Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and the Chicago White Sox respectively. All three are in the Hall of Fame.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Holmes is in 4th place all-time for lowest strikeout percentage. His ratio of K's/at-bats is 2.44%.

Who are the top three (players since 1901)?

They played most of their careers for Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and the Chicago White Sox respectively. All three are in the Hall of Fame.

Where's the photo? ?

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Joe Sewell, Pie Traynor, and Nellie Fox?   I knew all 3, although I guessed one of them amongst 2 options before looking both up. 

Sewell's was the most ridiculous rate.

Lloyd Waner is second, at least according to Baseball Reference. Traynor is down the list a bit.

33 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Lloyd Waner is second, at least according to Baseball Reference. Traynor is down the list a bit.

I got two out of three then, the sure guesses Sewell and Fox?   

I'm slipping, forgot about the Waners, the only brothers to both go into the HOF.

Bonus question: who are the only father and son to both go into the HOF?  

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Joe Sewell, Pie Traynor, and Nellie Fox?   I knew all 3, although I guessed one of them amongst 2 options before looking both up. 

Sewell's was the most ridiculous rate.  He had several straight single digit K seasons. 

That's a stat we will never see again. Single digit K's....

The two guys in uniform... were they actually still playing?  The second guy from the left looked like he was in his 70's then.

The guy in the stands sporting a suit and hat... man - I can't imagine what it was like back then to go to the ball park in a suit.  When people say "I'm a traditionalist" - I ask them - do you wear a suit to the game?

No idea who those four guys are - but they could probably out pitch the Angels current rotation.

19 hours ago, True Grich said:

The two guys in uniform... were they actually still playing?  The second guy from the left looked like he was in his 70's then.

The guy in the stands sporting a suit and hat... man - I can't imagine what it was like back then to go to the ball park in a suit.  When people say "I'm a traditionalist" - I ask them - do you wear a suit to the game?

No idea who those four guys are - but they could probably out pitch the Angels current rotation.

Walter Johnson lost 26 career 1-0 games and 65 games total where his team failed to score a run.

He would feel right at home with this Angels offense.