• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball Photo Trivia

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Any old time Philadelphia fans here besides me? 

Who are the other three men?

Hank Aaron Night in 1974.

FB_IMG_1707068650933.jpg

Danny Ozark (Phillies mgr) along with Bobby Shantz and Jim Konstanty (both pitchers who won their league’s MVP in the early 1950s)

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I could be wrong but I think #3 is Curt Simmons,even though he never wore #3.He did pitch for the Angels in 1967.

Right, that's Curt Simmons. He was my Dad's favorite pitcher way back in the day.

He's actually wearing Danny Ozark's uniform for some reason.

In the original post on a Philly baseball page on Facebook, the man on the right was referred to as Robin Roberts. But yeah, maybe it's Ozark. Roberts did have some long sideburns in some later photos.

38 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Right, that's Curt Simmons. He was my Dad's favorite pitcher way back in the day.

He's actually wearing Danny Ozark's uniform for some reason.

In the original post on a Philly baseball page on Facebook, the man on the right was referred to as Robin Roberts. But yeah, maybe it's Ozark. Roberts did have some long sideburns in some later photos.

Man on the right  has to be Robin Roberts, just occurred to me that he does look a lot like him.

• 1 month later...

I once interviewed for a job at Upper Deck.  Part of the process was to take a visual test of looking at photos and being able to identify the player.  No team names or logos would be in the photo.

I got two wrong.  One inexcusable mistake was I spelled Bob Welch’s name wrong.  I know how to spell his name but I somehow choked and wrote “Bob Welsch.”  That one will bug me forever.

The other one I got wrong was this guy in the photo (I just grabbed a face photo here, not the photo I was tested on).  I didn’t know so I guessed John Wehner.  Wrong, but they laughed at my guess.

Who is this player?  No cheating with image search.

IMG_8346.jpeg

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I once interviewed for a job at Upper Deck.  Part of the process was to take a visual test of looking at photos and being able to identify the player.  No team names or logos would be in the photo.

I got two wrong.  One inexcusable mistake was I spelled Bob Welch’s name wrong.  I know how to spell his name but I somehow choked and wrote “Bob Welsch.”  That one will bug me forever.

The other one I got wrong was this guy in the photo (I just grabbed a face photo here, not the photo I was tested on).  I didn’t know so I guessed John Wehner.  Wrong, but they laughed at my guess.

Who is this player?  No cheating with image search.

IMG_8346.jpeg

Don Slaught.