• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball Photo Trivia

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Gehrig averaged 149 RBI per 162 games. That's over his entire career.

and that was hitting behind ruth while he was setting one home run record after another. 

i wonder how many more rbi's he would have had if ruth hadn't been such a prolific long ball hitter.

On 1/13/2024 at 1:10 PM, fan_since79 said:

Baseball eventually took over.

All-time leader in RBI per games played.

This one's easy, but I'd never seen the photo before. 

FB_IMG_1705167893863.jpg

Darin Erstad.

56 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Can anyone figure this one out? I know the stadium, but cannot believe a major league game would have been played with those dimensions. There seems to be a decent crowd.

JFK Baseball.jpg

That's JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. It was mostly used for football. Maybe they did some sort of exhibition baseball game there or something. 

So far no right guesses. 

Hint: It was more well known for the football team that played there. No longer standing, and the Football team and baseball team now have their own stadiums

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

So far no right guesses. 

Hint: It was more well known for the football team that played there. No longer standing, and the Football team and baseball team now have their own stadiums

That's where the Bears played, the Denver Bears that is. I saw a Broncos game there in 1975, but by that time they had changed the name to Mile High Stadium and added thousands of seats.

8 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

That's where the Bears played, the Denver Bears that is. I saw a Broncos game there in 1975, but by that time they had changed the name to Mile High Stadium and added thousands of seats.

Correct!!