• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball Photo Trivia

• 6 months later...
32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Thanks for the correction because the other option was Tony Gwynn and you know Cobb wouldn't have posed with him. 

Cobb's "racism" was overblown and several stories were downright false. The book "Ty Cobb: A Terrible Beauty" by Charles Leerhsen sets the historical record straight. He was no saint though.

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

My late father saw Bob Feller pitch a couple times against the A's back in the day. Dad grew up in Philadelphia. Both the A's and Phillies were pretty bad during those years. 

my mom was a fan of his, too, though she never got to see him play. she grew up in a factory town south of chicago but they were so poor she never got to go to a game. her first game was a PCL game in san diego while she was attending nursing school during the early 50's. 

i'm thankful she became a fan because she was the one that took me and my brother to most of the games we attended as kids.

• 1 month later...

It was Spaulding. The sporting goods clue was the dead giveaway. 

He created the first official baseball of the Major Leagues, first for the National and then American league. Before that each team brought their own balls to the game with no standardization.

He also created the first specific baseball glove. Many players were playing bare handed or used whatever work gloves they owned.