• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball Photo Trivia

30 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Reggie of course hit one waay into the CF bleachers in game 6 of the 1977 WS against the Dogs.

For once, Howard Cosell was almost speechless, simply saying “Oh, what a blast!”

That was his third home run of the game, hit on three consecutive pitches. Charlie Hough delivered a knuckleball and Reggie did the rest. Of course he had to pause and admire it.

10.18c.jpg

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

Very good! You got 3 out of 4. 

I was just typing out some hints when I saw your reply. 

AO was at that game.  He's in the upper deck - just to the right of the 7th pillar. 

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Must be the Mets

Correct!

Pirates at Mets, playing their inaugural season at the Polo Grounds, waiting for Shea Stadium to be built. An aging Duke Snider is at bat in his only season on the Mets, who brought him in to attract the sentimental Dodgers fans. The well traveled Frank Thomas (version 1.0) is on deck. 

3 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Correct!

Pirates at Mets, playing their inaugural season at the Polo Grounds, waiting for Shea Stadium to be built. An aging Duke Snider is at bat in his only season on the Mets, who brought him in to attract the sentimental Dodgers fans. The well traveled Frank Thomas (version 1.0) is on deck. 

Actually, it had to be the Mets second season at the Polo Grounds (1963), because Snyder was still with the Dogs in 1962.   

Snyder was actually an All-Star that season (.746 OPS).

41 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

And another one of the Polo Grounds when it was used as an Auto race track after the Giants, and before the Mets. 

Yankee Stadium visible in the upper right corner.

polo.jpg

hard to believe there were two stadiums this close together.

i always loved how quirky the outfield dimensions were on those old ballparks. as a young baseball player, i found it to be a fun challenge to try and hit the ball out of any ballpark i played in. the setup of the outfield and the weird dimensions made that a fun challenge to picture.

Speaking of outfield dimensions, when Gehrig hit those four home runs on June 3, 1932, he almost had a fifth one. Al Simmons of the A's made a running catch at the 468 foot sign in center field at Shibe Park in the 9th inning to rob him. It might have been an inside-the-park HR if he had missed it.

Edited by fan_since79