• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kinsler claimed...

jordan

I wonder what claiming Kinsler would do to payroll/luxury...where do the Angels currently sit in regards to being over the threshold?

Kinsler might not be a bad pickup, though I think you'd need to add an additional starter and probably a left handed bat if the Angels were really going "all in" on the WC spot. If they weren't over the threshold...that would certainly push them over.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Speaking of Escobar, I'm trying to see a silver lining in his slash line and offensive production since he's below average defensively at 3B.

Nope, still can't find anything...  .274/.333/.397 with just 7 HR and 1 SB. 

Look all you want but the reality is Yescobar will play over Cowart when he returns if Kinsler gets claimed by Eppler. 

Don't shoot the messenger 

:dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon:

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Look all you want but the reality is Yescobar will play over Cowart when he returns if Kinsler gets claimed by Eppler. 

Don't shoot the messenger 

:dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon:

Is that what you think is right or is that what you think Sosh will do. 

If it's the latter fine. If it's the prior, then you just.....

:troll-arms-rage-smiley-emoticon:

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

I wonder what claiming Kinsler would do to payroll/luxury...where do the Angels currently sit in regards to being over the threshold?

Kinsler might not be a bad pickup, though I think you'd need to add an additional starter and probably a left handed bat if the Angels were really going "all in" on the WC spot. If they weren't over the threshold...that would certainly push them over.

I think I read he's only owed like 3 million for the remainder of the season. 

I understand that, I just seem to recall that the Halos were pretty close to being over the threshold...though in February they were about 10 million under. Not sure if there were any significant additions to that number. Maybe @Jeff Fletcher can chime in at some point. He gets paid to know that kind of stuff!

Edited by red321

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don't think there's any chance it was us. 

That Pujols line is tough to read.

Jeff, Arte always says he'd go over the threshold "for the right player".  Do you see that happening soon? 

Edited by Lou

53 minutes ago, Lou said:

Jeff, Arte always says he'd go over the threshold "for the right player".  Do you see that happening soon? 

Espinosa, Chavez, Valbuena, Street and Richards. $34 million! Talk about a crap return on your investment

17 hours ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Hopefully the Angels claimed him. He plays great defense and Cowart is better at 3rd. Do you really want to see more of Marte and Valbuena at 3rd? 

Cowart is already back in the doghouse (apparently) because he couldn't maintain a .400+ BA.  What makes you think he'd get starts at 3B over Marte or Valbuena?

8 hours ago, Lou said:

That sounds like when I tell my daughter "I'll think about it."