• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' August (18-10) = Do or Die Month for 2017

24 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

It would benefit Albert's feet to lose weight this offseason.  The dude has gotten too heavy for sure.

Working against him is the fact that the last two, maybe even three (God, four?) offseasons, the guy has had foot surgery right at the start. He hasn't really had an offseason to actually work out and not just literally sit on his ass.

I really hope he can finish the year actually healthy and have a normal offseason maybe for the first time as an Angel and see if it helps him at least a little bit in 2018. Maybe he loses some weight, maybe he hurts less throughout the year, maybe he doesn't have a terrible April, but I'll allow him one healthy offseason before I really start souring on his in-season performance.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Working against him is the fact that the last two, maybe even three (God, four?) offseasons, the guy has had foot surgery right at the start. He hasn't really had an offseason to actually work out and not just literally sit on his ass.

I really hope he can finish the year actually healthy and have a normal offseason maybe for the first time as an Angel and see if it helps him at least a little bit in 2018. Maybe he loses some weight, maybe he hurts less throughout the year, maybe he doesn't have a terrible April, but I'll allow him one healthy offseason before I really start souring on his in-season performance.

That is a good point.  Like you said, hopefully there will be no surgery needed this off-season and next year he can come to camp in the best shape he has since joining the Angels.

In a 4 game series, winning 3 is tough. Angels have a good chance at winning at least 2 but if they can somehow beat Paxton tomorrow, I think they can win 3 games in the big series coming up. Paxton is no easy pitcher to score off against. He is nasty and has had his way against Trout. Although Pujols has hit 2 home runs off of him.

Yeah, Paxton has had Trout's numbers in their matchup. Trout has had 4 strikeouts in a game four times in his career and Paxton was the starting pitcher for two of those games. Struck out Trout three times and four times, respectively. But you know Trout, sooner or later, he will hit a home run off of Paxton. It is bound to happen.

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ill say this. For whatever reason, this meager team steps up and fights..that run when trout was out was impressive.

At worst i can see them playing spoiler

Still went 19-20, so nothing special. I mean, this is a veteran team loaded with guys who have good track records.