• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' Garrett Richards: Will undergo exam Monday

Chuck

Richards (biceps) is scheduled for a full evaluation next Monday and could be cleared to throw if all goes well, Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports.

Even so, Richards would still require a couple weeks of long toss and bullpen sessions before he will even be able to embark on a rehab assignment. It's good that Richards continues to show progress, but he will still likely be out until mid-August.

39 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Everything will go fine until hist first rehab start. Then he'll feel "tightness" in his bicep, and be shut down to be "re-evaluated". 

If he pitches again for this team I'll be shocked. 

You are an optimist. I don't expect him to make it to a rehab start.

Best case scenario is he's cleared to pitch and begins his long rehab. If by a miracle we're still in the WC hunt in August/September I think bringing him out of the bullpen could be huge. Our version of David Price in 08 for the Rays. Just let it fly, Rich. However, it might be his arm that flies.

Pedro MouraVerified account @pedromoura 1m1 minute ago

Per a source, Garrett Richards saw a neurologist today. The doctor detected improvement in the irritated nerve in his biceps.

The irritation in the muscle has not yet 100% vanished, though. It is now up to team doctors to determine if Richards can start throwing.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don't want to be too pessimistic but I am concerned about the reported detail that he was clocked at 82mph left handed.

Lol

But in all seriousness Richards will never see that dream Ace type payday that he thought he could cash in on if everything went right this season. He would've been set for at least a Weaver type contract.