• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' Garrett Richards: Will undergo exam Monday

Chuck

So after 3 months, about 13 weeks, they now want to evaluate weekly. So 13X more frequently which tells me they must think he's more than 90% of where they want him to be. That's about as educated as any guess that isn't tinged with fatalism and snivelry

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks he will end up having tommy John anyway - he took quite a gamble with his career - so let's say he gets it in the fall then he's out for 2 years - never pitches again for the Angels . 

Gets picked up on a one year deal by the A's has a dominant season which leads to a 3 year deal with a better team only to go on the DL and Never return . 

I hope im wrong he has such talent - I just see this going wrong for us 

On 7/6/2017 at 11:20 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Richards (biceps) is scheduled for a full evaluation next Monday and could be cleared to throw if all goes well, Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports.

Even so, Richards would still require a couple weeks of long toss and bullpen sessions before he will even be able to embark on a rehab assignment. It's good that Richards continues to show progress, but he will still likely be out until mid-August.

I can't imagine that he will throw another pitch in a game this season - hope I'm wrong 

17 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The exam was moved up to Friday. The results were "improved, but not ready to throw."

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/07/angels-notes-matt-shoemaker-shut-down-with-nerve-issue/

I think they'll check the standings at about mid-August to determine if it's even worth pitching him this season. He's facing his Arb4 year so it's a huge blow to him financially. This seasons setback cost him a lucrative long term deal.

12 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I think they'll check the standings at about mid-August to determine if it's even worth pitching him this season. He's facing his Arb4 year so it's a huge blow to him financially. This seasons setback cost him a lucrative long term deal.

I think the "drop dead date" is before that. I have to believe if he hasn't thrown a ball by the end of July, that's it for 2017.

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Should've just got the tommy John and been on his way to recovery like Heaney is - I'll bet he ends up having the surgery this offseason - such a bummer for us but especially for him - again I hope I'm wrong 

34 minutes ago, vlad27 said:

Should've just got the tommy John and been on his way to recovery like Heaney is - I'll bet he ends up having the surgery this offseason - such a bummer for us but especially for him - again I hope I'm wrong 

Just what does an irritated nerve in his biceps have to do with Tommy John surgery?  Just asking......

I hope you are not a doctor, because if I came to you for erectile disfunction you would probably do heart surgery.

This is such an odd and seemingly bad injury that I have to believe even once he reaches full improvement, he is highly likely to quickly reaggravate the injury. 

Is there another pitcher - anyone - who has had this same injury in the last 20 years?