• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

16-year old girl hacks Uber driver to death

I wonder how she did it? It must have been when they were at a stoplight or something, so he couldn't see it coming. There's no way that if she came at him outside of the vehicle that he couldn't have just outrun her. I mean, after all, she runs like a girl. In all seriousness though, poor guy. Really makes you realize that the Uber/Lyft drivers are just, if not more, vulnerable as are the passengers. 

During her bond hearing, Cook County prosecutors said 34-year-old Grant Nelson, of Wilmette, was Wasni's third Uber driver early Tuesday morning, picking her up after she stole a knife and machete from a Walmart in Skokie.

"Only two minutes or so after picking up the defendant, she begins to hack at him and stab him from the back of the seat," said Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Cunningham.

Nelson's friends said he had decided to work Memorial Day because of the higher fares.

"It was surging. He said it's just opportunity to make some more money," said Waqas Abbasi, friend.

After being slashed and stabbed repeatedly, Nelson ran for help at a nearby Lincolnwood condo building, screaming and banging on the door.

"It was just, 'Help me. God help me, please. I'm gonna die.' At the top of his lungs," said Jay Markicic, building resident.

Prosecutors said Wasni tried driving off in Nelson's car, but hit a median. Then police responding to 911 calls found her hiding, still holding the knife and machete. They said she was told repeatedly to put them down, and when she didn't she was Tased.

The Taft High School student lived in Norwood Park with her mother. Her neighbors are in disbelief.

"Stunned. Beyond belief. This is a good neighborhood," said Patrick Sullivan, neighbor.

Officers found Nelson in a gray 2014 Hyundai Sonata. He had been stabbed several times. He told police he was an Uber driver and said he had been stabbed by his passenger, a white, female juvenile.

Nelson was rushed to St. Francis Hospital, where he died.

Nelson's younger sister Alexandra expressed their family's grief, and said they're still processing the gruesome details of his death.

14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I do think the media coverage of stories like these do serve as inspiration for those on the brink of violence. I would also guess that the killer has a traumatic past to be lashing out so severely at a young age.

Not much being released yet about her. Lived with mother, no mention of father. No pictures of her in the courtroom, but the artist sketch shows her looking disheveled. I'm sure we'll hear more about her as time goes on, but she is a juvenile so that might limit media coverage. They do intend to try her as an adult though.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

Does it seem to anyone that we have more and more of these kinds of stories? They're sickening, but they don't seem to be going away.

When you don't thin out the herd.  The diseased one's will just spread their disease to the healthy one's till the entire herd is dead.

Giant Meteor 2020.  We've suffered enough already.

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

I do think the media coverage of stories like these do serve as inspiration for those on the brink of violence. I would also guess that the killer has a traumatic past to be lashing out so severely at a young age.

I'm interested to see if she was on any prescription meds...

12 hours ago, Lawrence said:

I'm interested to see if she was on any prescription meds...

High school principal said she was in and out of hospitals and was actually only registered for a few days at that school.

No news yet of a psych evaluation, but that has to be coming at some point.