• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dogs

Don

We just picked up a doggy cam...one of the two bastards is getting separation anxiety at times, so every once in awhile we'll find something chewed up and left in the middle of the living room. We thought it was bitch #1...but found a chewed up makeup remover container the other night (did some research, identified that it wasn't a medical emergency as long as they weren't vomiting). Watched the bitch walk around in the backyard the next day to make sure there wasn't any blockage...and then I see jackass #2 struggling a little...damn dude was crapping out compressed makeup remover pads.

So, now we have a doggy cam that I can set a motion detector...and it has a microphone so I can ask them what they hell they are doing when we are out of the house.

49 minutes ago, red321 said:

be careful with bulldogs, they have a lot of health issues. I "rescued" an Olde English Bulldog...he was cool as hell, and would actually exercise and go on walks. But at 8 years old he slowed down quickly after developing hip/joint issues. My parents picked up an English Bulldog, they loved mine so much...had to put him to sleep at 6...poor dog was constantly sick, allergic to everything, skin irritation and had a stroke which led to him eventually being put to rest.

Really do your research first if you aren't familiar with the breed.

Yeah I know what I'm getting into - i'm totally understanding of the fact that they can have health issues, and are expensive. They just make me laugh so much, such amazing personalities. I've found the top breeder in the country, and his #1, #2 and #3 focus is on health. But still it's a gamble. They usually don't live that long. My wife would prefer a different breed but I'm pretty much set on it. 

Not for a while though. 

Look at the olde English breed as well.  Focus is on reducing some of the health issues. Taller dog, bigger snout. As I mentioned, more apt to excercise. I have a picture of Kaiser, he disappeared when we were near some desert rocks. 15 minutes later I see he's climbed a rock hill and is standing on top of the rock hill, 50 feet up, posing in the sunlight. 

Loved that dog. When I met my future wife he got jealous, she would sit and try and pet him and he would move on the couch, just out of reach so she couldn't touch him. 

I have a Nilla. She's a pound rescue and an adorable mutt. Part border collie and something blond. She has a bad habit of chasing cats with white stripes down their backs.

Nilla005.jpg

So she gets the usual baking soda/hydrogen peroxide/Dawn dishwashing liquid bath. She is not a happy dog when that happens. But shortly after she's back to playing with her toys.

100_0676.jpg

She will sleep on the bed as long as there is only one of us but when we both get in she hops off and can't be coaxed on. 

She is already 6 years old, about half way through her life span but still is happy as a puppy. 

Nilla003.jpg

San Dimas has plenty if them along with some very fat racoons and possum. We had a couple of small racoons that tried to house themselves in a hollow post that holds up part of the roof.

Nilla used to go nuts because she could lay on the landing looking out the window and see the two of them squeeze themselves through a small gap at the top. We'd look to see what she was barking at and of course nothing was there. 

One night we let her out just to prove to her nothing was there and she beelined to the post and growled at it and only then did we hear the two making noise inside. I got a ladder and flashlight and peered down to four little glowing eyes.

When they kept coming back I shoved a hose down the gap and turned it on. To their credit they put up with the shower and I didn't try to drown them but hours later they abandoned their roost and never came back.

On 4/24/2017 at 10:52 PM, Homebrewer said:

Fun to read you city folks talking about your animals.

I'm in Montana right now and walked out the front door to a wild turkey in the driveway that ran across the lawn scaring two deer and a couple of Canadian geese on the lower 20 pond. Stupid turkeys. 

Oh and they own a cat. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I'm in Montana right now and walked out the front door to a wild turkey in the driveway that ran across the lawn scaring two deer and a couple of Canadian geese on the lower 20 pond. Stupid turkeys. 

Oh and they own a cat. 

so, how'd they taste?

**not the cat

1 hour ago, Tank said:

so, how'd they taste?

**not the cat

My father has this strange rule that no animals will be harmed on his property. And that is why he would drive 90 miles away to shoot the animals on someone else's property. 

On April 24, 2017 at 1:15 PM, mrwicked said:

Gonna get a bulldog puppy one of these days.  

But not yet ready for the responsibility - love our current freedom / being selfish too much. But some day...

So you're saying they don't allow pets at the Bus Stop or Mauna Loa?

I bet Sports Bar does. 

18221825_10212695455920101_8933101381301

On 4/24/2017 at 1:27 PM, red321 said:

be careful with bulldogs, they have a lot of health issues. I "rescued" an Olde English Bulldog...he was cool as hell, and would actually exercise and go on walks. But at 8 years old he slowed down quickly after developing hip/joint issues. My parents picked up an English Bulldog, they loved mine so much...had to put him to sleep at 6...poor dog was constantly sick, allergic to everything, skin irritation and had a stroke which led to him eventually being put to rest.

Really do your research first if you aren't familiar with the breed.

I have an English Bulldog that's almost 7. Not a single medical issue yet. Knock on wood.