• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's WAR

I don't know why this pleases me, but Trout's WAR is now up to 1.3 - tied with Bryce Harper. Compare their raw stats:

Harper: .320/.412/.660, 9 HR, 1 SB

Trout: .270/.341/.492, 4 HR, 4 SB

The difference? Well its all in the defense (Fld, or Fielding Runs) and baserunning (BsR, or Baserunning runs):

Harper: -1.8 Fld, -0.9 BsR

Trout: 2.4 Fld, 1.9 BsR

Now consider that Trout is more likely to improve his triple-slash numbers; I'm guessing he ends up with something north of .290+/.370+/.500+, around 25 HR and 40 SB. Right now he's on pace for a 7+ fWAR; I see no reason with those improvements he can't end with 8+.

And Harper? Obviously he's the real deal and I think is going to be mashing the ball like no other for the next decade, but I still don't expect a 1.072 OPS all year. Maybe .950? He should also improve his Fld and BsR, so I think can continue his overall 7+ fWAR pace.

The bottom line is that it could be a dog-fight, but I'd place my money on Trout. He's just go more room to improve.

Trout's last four games, since his 1-8 performance during the long game:

17 PA: .400/.471/1.000, 8 RBI, 4 Runs

5 of his 6 hits have been for extra bases, including 2 triples and 2 home runs and, best of all, he's only struck out twice.

Yeah, he's been playing pretty well.

He didn't get on the big club until 3-4 weeks into last season. So, technically he didn't get going until around this time last year.

On May 3, 2012, he was hitting .222 with four hits, no home runs, and no RBI.

By May 20th he was hitting .355 with a 1.026 OPS.

By June 20th (his 48th game) he had 6 HR and 28 RBI.

As of yesterday (his 29th game) he had 4 HR and 20 RBI. He's on pace right now for 22 HR and 111 RBI.

Trout's last four games, since his 1-8 performance during the long game:

17 PA: .400/.471/1.000, 8 RBI, 4 Runs

5 of his 6 hits have been for extra bases, including 2 triples and 2 home runs and, best of all, he's only struck out twice.

Yeah, he's been playing pretty well.

The prevailing theory on some other boards about this is Trout is uncomfortable in LF, he's improving now that he's playing CF and the team has to get rid of Bourjos to solve the problem.