• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you think the Angels will perform as a team this April...

JustATroutFan

12 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I'm confident the Halos will storm out of the starting gate and finish April with a great (for them in recent years) 13-14 -- just 1 game under .500.  Then Albert wakes up on May 3. 

...assuming he's back on the active roster by then. Add a month from that date for him to get his swing and his timing back and be comfortable with running.

I'm thinking more like June 3 when he "wakes up".

GrittyVeterans: your post pretty much sums up the Halo seasons of 2014 and 2015, I think I have that right -- the Angels just tanked in April and played 'catch up' the rest of the season, seeming to battle back during the second half (often in games that were relatively meaningless at that point) to finish somewhat respectable but out of the playoffs and off the pace...........and, YES, all the comments -- "if we could have just played .500 ball in April"   One year, was in 2014? we not only tanked in April, we tanked against Houston which back then was not a very good team.......Texas and Oakland, meanwhile, beat up Houston going something like 15-3 or 14-4 for the season series while the Angels might have limped to a 5-13 (or worse) vs. Houston who finished last in the AL West and had about 20% of their season wins against the Angels.

If our rotation gamble fails early season, it could be a long year.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

The Angels will be turning pages like an Evelyn Wood graduate.

If I were to guess, I would say that only half of the posters here have any idea what you're talking about.

If you want to reach a wider audience, may I suggest you update your reference material with 21st century info.:)

10 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

If I were to guess, I would say that only half of the posters here have any idea what you're talking about.

If you want to reach a wider audience, may I suggest you update your reference material with 21st century info.:)

The Angels will be claiming many victories using alternative facts....

How's that?

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Around .500, and I'm good with that.   Just don't start off 6-14, because the most famous Halos season featuring that start doesn't happen every year.

I think that the year in which Trout was put up a dazzling performance in his Rookie of the Year winning season. Should have let him play from the 1st game of the season. He bought a lot of energy to the team that year, offensively and defensively. Offense started off sooooooooooo poorly that year, led by Pujols.

34 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I think that the year in which Trout was put up a dazzling performance in his Rookie of the Year winning season. Should have let him play from the 1st game of the season. He bought a lot of energy to the team that year, offensively and defensively. Offense started off sooooooooooo poorly that year, led by Pujols.

If he would have been healthy in spring training he would have been on the opening day roster. Plus there was no indication he was this great based on his performance the previous year.