• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many games do you think the Angels will win 2017?

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

95-67. They'll perform better than their pythagorean. 750-770 runs scored and 640-670 runs allowed. 

And to help prove my point, the 2016 Angels scored 717 runs and allowed 727. That's with league low production from left field, second base and catcher. I honestly believe that Espinosa, Maybin, Revere, and Valbuena will add 50 runs to the teams output.

And Garrett Richards is a yuge improvement over Weaver and Lincecum. I hope they'll improve 60-100 runs with this staff, but even at 700, that's a 70 run differential which puts them at high eighties wins.

Hard to say after last years pitching injuries and lack of production from the bottom of the lineup.

If more pitching issues and the lineup doesn't hit.....75-79 WINS

If it all works out and guys like Chavez succeed and we remain healthy throughout the rest of the rotation and the lineup hits!!!!.......85-91 WINS

• 1 month later...

Personally I think the team is being slightly over looked. Most commentators I've heard are guessing they'll win fewer than 81.

Pedro Moura  gave a pretty good prediction on the Effectively Wild podcast:  81 wins - but it won't be 81, it will either be five games better or five games worse depending on the health of the pitching. So 76 or 86, but 81 is the baseline.

I'm going to go with 81. I'm not confident that the front end of our staff is completely healthy, and our #5 has much to be desired. Not thrilled about the bullpen. I think the offense should be exciting, and our defense solid.  We have better team speed, and a deeper bench.  So, I'd say 76 wins if things go wrong, and 88 wins if all goes right. 

On 3/8/2017 at 11:47 AM, Grigori said:

70. Not because the Angels are any worse than last year, but because the Rangers, Astros and Mariners are better than last year. They have to play a lot of games against them.

Rangers have not improved over last year. They are probably slightly worse. We are also better than last year and if Richards, Skaggs, and Shoemaker can remain healthy we are a lot better than last year.

I went out on a limb and said we will win 90 games this season.

Vegas odd makers aren't as optimistic and are saying Angels win 76.5....     http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1837208

Fangraphs on the other hand have a rosier outlook for the Angels

The 2017 projections at Fangraphs.com (yes, these are up already) indicate that they could be. They peg the Angels for 85 wins, an 11-win jump from their 2016 total and a number that would put them at the head of the AL wild-card pack.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/76616/why-the-angels-are-better-than-you-think

• 3 months later...
On 1/21/2017 at 9:48 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I predicted 90 wins this season, we have 40 win with 2 games left before the half way point in the season. We're going to have to do better in the second half but Trout is coming back soon and if the team can keep playing like they have without when he returns I still think it's doable.

When I said 90, we had Richards, Skaggs, Shoemaker, Ramirez, Nolasco, Meyers, and Chavez. We also had a full season of Trout. So I think we are doing better than anyone could have imagined considering...