• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many games do you think the Angels will win 2017?

I think the Angels could win 81 games in 2017 because they have a good offense that got better this offseason with the additions of Maybin and Valbuena but the pitching is going to cost them a lot of games. Richards is their best pitcher but he's only had one good season and one okay season. The rest are either too small of a sample size or a disappointment. Shoemaker has shown that he can be great but also has shown that he can be Joe Blanton 2.0 when he was with the Angels. Nolasco can eat up innings but will give up a lot of runs as well. The bullpen is also a big question mark. Street looks like he's past his best days and there's no other good relievers outside of Bedrosian and he also needs to prove that he's not a one year wonder.

I'm going to go out on a limb and state they will win at least 88 games if not more. I think the teams floor is super solid now which will get them to the 84-85 win mark and I think performances by Trout and others will put them at or over the 88 game mark putting them in the playoff discussion.

Some where around the 78-88 win range.  Angels won 74 games last season and it's a long baseball season, things can go right/wrong.  I definitely think this team is better than last season because of three key things:  1) Better production from LF.  2) Better production/defense from 2B. and 3) No Jered Weaver/Tim Lincecum taking 1/4 of the team's starts.  (Jered had 31, Lincecum had 9).  Replacement level pitching would give the Angels an additional 3 wins. Plus the Angels were pretty unlucky with injuries to their starters, so I expect more innings from the Angels' better pitchers.  If I had to guess an exact number I would say 84.

Too soon to tell.

But every board I have ever been on begins to talk about it at this time of year. I always say, wait till the end of ST, when the rosters are set and the previous years' injured have proven they are recovered in ST. What's the hurry?

Plus, FA signings and injuries to other teams in our division can affect how many wins I think we will get.

MLB: 2017 Playoff Predictions Using MLB The Show

As for the American League, the Tigers hosted the Angels in the wild card game. The Tigers aren’t too big of a shocker, they have potentially to be great. As for the Angels though, I would not be surprised to see them sneak into the wild card next year if they remain healthy. With Trout leading the way, anything is possible.

The Angels defeated the Tigers 4-0, where Trout drove in all four runs on three hits and Garrett Richards threw a complete game shut out.

The Angels lost to the Cleveland Indians three games to one, where each game the Indians won they scored five or more.

I'd be ok with that result.  So around 90 wins?

6 hours ago, CALZONE said:

87 wins if all goes well

77 wins if Skaggs and or Richards end up on the shelf

67 wins if Trout misses 40+ games

Only once in 55 years of Angels baseball has "all gone well" (2002) - so the chances of that are 1.8%.  I would also suggest that Skaggs and Richards are more critical to success than Trout, or the chances of Trout really missing 40+ games.

The phrase that "it's all up to the pitching will never be more true than it will be 2017.  And you know that everything is not going to go perfectly, that would be unprecedented. That said there is still time to build a little more depth in the pitching.

Beyond pitching 2017 will likely be a test of the flexibility and depth in the organization or Eppler ability to adjust in route to the unforeseen.

10 hours ago, tomsred said:

Only once in 55 years of Angels baseball has "all gone well" (2002) - so the chances of that are 1.8%.  I would also suggest that Skaggs and Richards are more critical to success than Trout, or the chances of Trout really missing 40+ games.

The phrase that "it's all up to the pitching will never be more true than it will be 2017.  And you know that everything is not going to go perfectly, that would be unprecedented. That said there is still time to build a little more depth in the pitching.

Beyond pitching 2017 will likely be a test of the flexibility and depth in the organization or Eppler ability to adjust in route to the unforeseen.

The health of Skaggs and Richards goes far beyond 2017. If either of them require TJ surgery they won't be around until 2019. 

We've been very fortunate that Trout has avoided any major injuries but if he's ever out for a significant amount of time his production will be a huge loss and so will the production of the guy hitting directly behind him.