• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Inauguration

46 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You guys and the media still talking about this means Trump wins.

What does MT think folks should talk about?

I've seen a whole cast of things he's done in the last few days...on top of declaring the administration will not be dealing in facts. Which, contrary to your viewpoint is a big deal, and why it has gotten so much attention (not to mention the current big lie will soon become the foundation for a host of new onerous voter suppression efforts at the state level).

* Antagonized China, along with kneecapping the US in trade in the eastern asian by grandiosely declaring we have pulled out of a TPP (that was not going to be ratified)

* Gagged the USDA and EPA (and I wouldn't be surprised to see additional agencies given similar orders). Oh wait...HHS has been directed this as well (gee, wonder what is going to happen when they start rolling back ACA...gag rule...not dealing in facts...woohoo)

* Signed EO's seeking to revive highly controversial pipelines, transporting some of the dirtiest fossil fuels on the planet, through communities that have overwhelmingly stated they do not want the pipeline running through their backyard

* Froze federal hiring, without understanding how that impacts government expenditure and taking away a program that was focused on helping veterans gain employment

* Killed a provision that would have saved thousands of homebuyers $500 for every 200k.

* Signed an EO that has the potential to kill the individual mandate, and therefore destabilize the individual insurance market place as the first step towards taking away the insurance of 30 some odd million people, allowing insurance companies to do away with lifetime caps (which would impact employer based insurance), and start to reinstitute pre-existing condition exclusions.

* Appointed FCC chairman who opposed Net Neutrality

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

What does MT think folks should talk about?

I've seen a whole cast of things he's done in the last few days...on top of declaring the administration will not be dealing in facts. Which, contrary to your viewpoint is a big deal, and why it has gotten so much attention (not to mention the current big lie will soon become the foundation for a host of new onerous voter suppression efforts at the state level).

Are you so bound and determined to be contrary that you must insist on utterly misstating our point?

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

you guys were trying to make a point?

Well that the lying is not a character flaw but part of a systemic method to completely destroy the media's ability to keep his power in check and so far the media, the left and of course the right have done everything he has counted on to make that indeed happen.

2 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Well..it didn't take long for Trump to double down and send his press secretary Sean Spicer out to whine about massive voter fraud that doesn't exist. The fact that there is wide spread evidence to the contrary and the fact that Trump's claims have been roundly debunked isn't enough to stop the WH from lying to Americans.

How is that recount going? 

Just now, red321 said:

And your suggestion would be?

Remember when I said the opposition cannot be about Trump but the issues (and you agreed)? Yeah, scrap that. This is about Trump. But not the (well relatively) superficial things because this can't seem like a typical partisan personal attack. Even if he's a lecherous skeeze. Yes it's about Trump but it's bigger than that at the same time. The left (and hopefully some on the right) and the members of the media that haven't completely sold their souls need to be the grownups in the room. All the normal issues the left normally fights for? Yeah, those are going to have to be put away for right now. The concerns from the left cannot seem partisan at all. The concern have to seem patriotic. Gravely so. The real meaning of the word patriotic. Not the perverse use Trump has used it for. The left has to somehow convince the half of the country that supported Trump that the situation has gotten serious. The message from the left as a whole to the right as a whole cannot contain anger.  Because the anger elicits. an angry response in kind.

Trump has convinced a great many people who weren't already that everyone in politics lies. That the media lies. These people then see all these legitimate lies and what they are told are lies, regardless if they are or not, and it feeds their confirmation bias. They may believe that Trump is lying but that it's no different than the media or the left lying. The left and the media has to break this illusion. You might scoff and say that you shouldn't have to be the one to be the bigger man. But we're way past what is fair or right.  This is a war for the Republic's survival. What more proof do you need? If we do not stop this now there may not be any going back.

45 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remember when I said the opposition cannot be about Trump but the issues (and you agreed)? Yeah, scrap that. This is about Trump. But not the (well relatively) superficial things because this can't seem like a typical partisan personal attack. Even if he's a lecherous skeeze. Yes it's about Trump but it's bigger than that at the same time. The left (and hopefully some on the right) and the members of the media that haven't completely sold their souls need to be the grownups in the room. All the normal issues the left normally fights for? Yeah, those are going to have to be put away for right now. The concerns from the left cannot seem partisan at all. The concern have to seem patriotic. Gravely so. The real meaning of the word patriotic. Not the perverse use Trump has used it for. The left has to somehow convince the half of the country that supported Trump that the situation has gotten serious. The message from the left as a whole to the right as a whole cannot contain anger.  Because the anger elicits. an angry response in kind.

Trump has convinced a great many people who weren't already that everyone in politics lies. That the media lies. These people then see all these legitimate lies and what they are told are lies, regardless if they are or not, and it feeds their confirmation bias. They may believe that Trump is lying but that it's no different than the media or the left lying. The left and the media has to break this illusion. You might scoff and say that you shouldn't have to be the one to be the bigger man. But we're way past what is fair or right.  This is a war for the Republic's survival. What more proof do you need? If we do not stop this now there may not be any going back.

In many respects I'm not going to disagree with this...though I would tend to argue that Trump is just modern "conservatism" taken to the extreme and if you are going to be serious about saving the Republic, you are going to have to stir up some anger.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

In many respects I'm not going to disagree with this...though I would tend to argue that Trump is just modern "conservatism" taken to the extreme and if you are going to be serious about saving the Republic, you are going to have to stir up some anger.

The left needs to stir up anger within their own base.  Saturday's marches were a beautiful example of that.  But when reaching out to the other half of America (as Chili suggested) it can't be angry.

Let go of the "how many people saw/viewed the inauguration.  Forget the 3 million illegal votes bulls**t.  Those issues are laser pointers to a cat.  Focus on the pipeline, on what killing TPP means, what putting a muzzle on the different departments says, etc.  Those are the stories we should be talking about. 

Edited by Geoff

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

And his lies over stuff that is completely irrelevant is all the Dems and media can focus on. 

Meanwhile he's approving the pipeline, killing TPP, etc.  

He keeps saying, "look over there!"  And everyone keeps looking.

Idiots

This!!!

2 hours ago, red321 said:

though I would tend to argue that Trump is just modern "conservatism" taken to the extreme a

Do you really believe he even believes in conservatism?  If he could have accomplished the same power grab by going left I'm pretty sure he would have sold that wearing the despot General's outfit. Ted Cruz would have been extreme conservatism. Pence would have been. Trump is all about shockingly Trump. But his actions have been about someone who doesn't want to let go power anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

on what killing TPP means

Eh, let that one go. Even Bernie Sanders liked that one.

12 hours ago, Thomas said:

Do you really believe he even believes in conservatism?  If he could have accomplished the same power grab by going left I'm pretty sure he would have sold that wearing the despot General's outfit. Ted Cruz would have been extreme conservatism. Pence would have been. Trump is all about shockingly Trump. But his actions have been about someone who doesn't want to let go power anytime soon.

Eh, let that one go. Even Bernie Sanders liked that one.

Ignoring the discussion of are there really "conservatives" in the first place...The people he has surrounded himself certainly do...to the extreme in many cases. The positions he has taken certainly are as well, and disturbingly there are a lot of people on the right who are willing to bite their tongue and play along as long as they get to push their agenda. In Trump's case, maybe some of that just convenience, but if he's taking those positions because he gets the fancy colonel's outfit and medals, he certainly has decided to go all in and lead like he's a Breitbart comment's section.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I will give him a little more than 5 days to determine how he will govern.  

He's been busier in those first five days than any president I can remember. I think it's safe to judge him based upon what he's already done.