• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Inauguration

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Here, Jay, I'll give ya the highlight:

The FHA was planning to launch a program that would reduce annual mortgage insurance premiums on new FHA-backed loans by .25 percentage points. In short, it would’ve made the loans more affordable overall. But just hours after the new administration was sworn into the White house, the FHA announced the suspension of this program:

Are you certain that this is a bad thing?  I honestly don't know enough about this but it seems to me we had a large problem a few years back when it became too easy to get home loans.  

Oh well Glen, it was fun while it lasted.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

http://twocents.lifehacker.com/the-hud-just-suspended-a-move-that-would-have-made-mort-1791441903?rev=1484947903167&utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_facebook&utm_source=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Hey Jay, how do you feel about this?  He hasn't been president for half a day yet and he's already bending over the idiots who voted for him.

So they suspend a program that would have given people lower interest rates, but requires an additional piece of insurance that would pretty much cover the insurers of any loss.  Even in the article, they say that this piece of insurance pretty much washes out the lower interest rate. 

Doesn't seem like much of a loss to me.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Are you certain that this is a bad thing?  I honestly don't know enough about this but it seems to me we had a large problem a few years back when it became too easy to get home loans.  

Oh well Glen, it was fun while it lasted.

You're so fickle.

And UTH, that's an old pic of Khloe.  She lost a lot of weight (hey, I heard it on Howard Stern and had to research).

khloe-kardashian-59b8ca27-c0ed-488a-8115-f9494b386d90.jpg

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So they suspend a program that would have given people lower interest rates, but requires an additional piece of insurance that would pretty much cover the insurers of any loss.  Even in the article, they say that this piece of insurance pretty much washes out the lower interest rate. 

I don't see where it says that in the article, can you point it out?  Not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't see it.

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No, it looks like they suspended a program to reduce the insurance premiums on the FHA backed loans

The FHA was planning to launch a program that would reduce annual mortgage insurance premiums on new FHA-backed loans by .25 percentage points. In short, it would’ve made the loans more affordable overall

https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=17-07ml.pdf

FHA is committed to ensuring its mortgage insurance programs remains
viable and effective in the long term for all parties involved, especially our
taxpayers. As such, more analysis and research are deemed necessary to
assess future adjustments while also considering potential market conditions
in an ever-changing global economy that could impact our efforts.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-already-suspends-obama-era-fha-mortgage-insurance-cut-2017-01-20

While some progressive groups hailed the cut as a means of helping more borrowers access mortgage credit, it wasn’t universally seen as a big game-changer. For one thing, it was too small to mean big savings for borrowers: FHA estimated it at an average of $500 per year.

The insurance premiums on FHA loans are there to insure lenders against how little people put down, generally 3.5%.  FHA loans allow people who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford a house to purchase one.  Pretty sure we learned in the last decade getting people into homes they can't afford isn't a good thing.  

1 hour ago, Glen said:

So far, the diverse group of me, MT, and (sorta) Geoff have accused somebody of playing the race card.  That trio covers a fairly broad (see what I did there?) political spectrum.

So yeah, if you don't want to be called a racist, don't say shit that's racist.  It's that simple.  Yes, there are people that have a deck full of racist cards and play them way too often.  I'm not one of them, Geoff isn't, and MT certainly isn't.  

Fuck's sake, if MT and I agree on anything it has to be true.  

Thank you to the Big 3 for the clarification. I will make note of this. Comparing a person to a fictional character based on a creature that does not exist is racist.  

When you are done judging me, please go clean up the weather thread. 

i've made my opinion on Donald Trump pretty clear.  I dislike him intensely and I dislike his populist politics even more.  But Lawrence, i've gotta tell you.  There is something extremely satisfying about watching that butt hurt bull dyke (probably) wail about the nomination.  This is a golden find.  Thanks for sharing.  

41 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

i've made my opinion on Donald Trump pretty clear.  I dislike him intensely and I dislike his populist politics even more.  But Lawrence, i've gotta tell you.  There is something extremely satisfying about watching that butt hurt bull dyke (probably) wail about the nomination.  This is a golden find.  Thanks for sharing.  

You, Red, or Glen could probably find a similar video of a right winger acting out in a similar extreme way embarrassing themselves as well. It just cracks me up because its so embarrassing. Hopefully these types of people grow up and learn to channel their emotions in a more constructive way. 

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Just as the extreme right wing (nutty evangelicals, racists, Tea Party, Jay) were said to be what would hold the Republicans back, the extreme left is going to hold the Democrats back (everything past B the LGB scale, whiney college pussies, BLM) and they really need to keep a moderate, centrist view as a party or the 30% or so of America that is white lower middle class (and give no shit about homos or weirdos or blacks protesting cops shooting criminals) that might otherwise vote Democratic will vote for a Republican that actually stands against everything that is helpful for them.

Every democrat that wants to rise the ranks needs to do a Cracker Barrell in the Midwest tour to remind themselves that it isn't that angry lesbo in video above that elects them or the smug Bay Area mixologist, its fat, ignorant white people without passports.

Whats unfortunate is that Hillary Clinton is on almost all issue moderate and centerist.  The right manufactured a decade + long smear campaign that made her into some lady macbeth witch to the as you say "fat, ignorant white people without passports".  Also, it didn't help that she's been a fairly powerful player in washington while being a woman.  I genuinely believe that a lot of the bullshit that she was smeared with would not have stuck to a man.  You guys can laugh and call me a feminist pussy or whatever, but I really believe that many of these midwest white bozos just couldn't get over that bar.  You know, accepting a powerful woman.  Anyway, whats done is done.  I hope for the best.  We'll see what this guy does.  I agree absolutely that the left kills itself with these uber politically correct assholes.  The uber pc liberals combined with Hillary's weaknesses delivered Trump his victory.  That and Trump styled his message perfectly to appeal to populist sentiments.

Edited by UndertheHalo