• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

#goldengate

16 hours ago, Lou said:

Oh, come on. You guys gave MAGA and Jay crap for months for doing the same thing. Don't go getting all butthurt on us.  And I'm sure you were all just enjoying "a night of goofing around" Tuesday's @ 6:35pm are known for being silly-time.

Ok, anyone who buys that, please stand up ...

Ah, I kind of feel bad for you gadget...you bookmarked that post for weeks...waiting for the right moment...got all tingly like a teenage girl waiting to see Justin Bieber when you saw the topic...and it turns out all ya got was 3 Doors Down. Save the bookmark though, I'm sure something will come up soon enough.

And just because this thread is a stream of gold we should be clear...unverified does not actually mean disproven...ALL CAPS DENIAL notwithstanding.

Image result for pee pee tape

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Ah, I kind of feel bad for you gadget...you bookmarked that post for weeks...waiting for the right moment...got all tingly like a teenage girl waiting to see Justin Bieber when you saw the topic...and it turns out all ya got was 3 Doors Down. Save the bookmark though, I'm sure something will come up soon enough.

And just because this thread is a stream of gold we should be clear...unverified does not actually mean disproven...ALL CAPS DENIAL notwithstanding.

Image result for pee pee tape

1. that was weak

2. who's justin bieber ? 

18 hours ago, Warwick said:

lol. seriously.

the amount of deflection in this forum is crazier than a game of air hockey.

if we are going to go off topic about trump pissing on people, can i atleast tell the story of the time i did it?

Brandon, we have all heard the story of you pissing on yourself at the Phil Shane concert.

OK, it looks like I'm the only one on AW who has taken communication law. Public figures (elected officials, professional athletes, celebrities, etc.) can only successfully sue for libel (i.e., published false, defamatory content) if they can prove that the person who published the statements acted with actual malice (defined as "knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth"). Actual malice is virtually impossible to prove, and as far as I know, it has never been proven, nor it is intended to be proven.

The reason for this is that if a public figure were able to successfully sue and bankrupt a publication or individual for publishing false, defamatory statements, it would create a chilling effect that would discourage people from saying anything negative at all about a public figure in fear that said public figure could use all the powers at his/her disposal to prove falsity and effectively destroy that person or publication. 

This is why no sitting president in recent memory has ever sued someone for making outrageous statements, because they are smart enough to realize their law suit would never fly in court. It's also the reason that tabloids exist, because celebrities are unable to sue for libel, either.

32 minutes ago, Adam said:

Lol @ Trump. That will never happen, unless executive orders can overrule longstanding Supreme Court precedences.

Libel laws exist to protect those who cannot protect themselves. 

like many, many other things about him, he's going to have to change how he reacts to things like this as POTUS. he's no longer a private citizen and he can't tie up his time or his people chasing frivolous lawsuits while in office.

trump owns doral international and usually shows up for the tournament. wonder if he'll do the same this year.

and i don't begrudge any president for getting a bit of a break from the rigors of the job. many of them have played golf or gone jogging. heck, nixon loved to bowl so much he had a couple of lanes put in the white house.

2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Yes. Time is of essence when you are POTUS. Every minute counts. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/16/barack-obama-golfer-in-chief-played-306-rounds-office/

Wilson played close to 1200 rounds, and Eisenhower around 800. Bush spent more time on vacation than a California public employee. What's your point?

9 hours ago, calscuf said:

I didn't hate GWB and I don't want to have to badmouth him to make a point...

Wait for it ... there's a "but" coming ...

9 hours ago, calscuf said:

but how often was he away, on his ranch or at the Bush compound in Kennebunkport?

And there it is!

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Isn't urine sterile? But then again if it was hookers I doubt it 

There are three life lessons I learned from the late, great Patches O'Houlihan:

1. Urine is sterile

2. Urine tastes good

3. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

23 hours ago, Taylor said:

OK, it looks like I'm the only one on AW who has taken communication law. Public figures (elected officials, professional athletes, celebrities, etc.) can only successfully sue for libel (i.e., published false, defamatory content) if they can prove that the person who published the statements acted with actual malice (defined as "knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth"). Actual malice is virtually impossible to prove, and as far as I know, it has never been proven, nor it is intended to be proven.

The reason for this is that if a public figure were able to successfully sue and bankrupt a publication or individual for publishing false, defamatory statements, it would create a chilling effect that would discourage people from saying anything negative at all about a public figure in fear that said public figure could use all the powers at his/her disposal to prove falsity and effectively destroy that person or publication. 

This is why no sitting president in recent memory has ever sued someone for making outrageous statements, because they are smart enough to realize their law suit would never fly in court. It's also the reason that tabloids exist, because celebrities are unable to sue for libel, either.

I actually took a course dedicated to the first amendment as it applies to the press at hippie liberal U. You pretty much nailed it. Trump is a supreme asshole and is clearly opposed to free speech. It's honestly pretty indefensible, and even those that support him should be very wary. 

23 hours ago, Adam said:

MY understanding is that Trump has publicly said he wants to change libel laws. Months ago. I'll try and dig up a link. 

Yeah, he's a jackass.

22 hours ago, Adam said:

He's a big baby with a bunch of money.