• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

#goldengate

10 minutes ago, red321 said:

Feel free to show us any recent precedence...hell, precedence in general, of the president suing for slander...and add on top of it President Elect Flomax has suggested he would try and open up liable and slander laws to make it easier for people like himself to piss on the press and sue them for coverage he didn't think was appropriate. Which is pretty scary when you consider Flo has a history of suing people for saying things he doesn't like.

You can bitch about Jay but you are exactly like him these days in this forum.  

11 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Maybe you missed the election but precedence in politics is exactly what the voters who elected Trump President are trying to rid Washington of. 

So, you agree Trump trying to silence negative press with the threat of lawsuits is unprecedented...that's all you had to say.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You can bitch about Jay but you are exactly like him these days in this forum.  

Jay agrees trying to silence the press is dangerous as well? I haven't seen him post on the subject recently, but I figured since Obama's "secret plan" to use the Fairness Doctrine to kill conservative media didn't come to fruition we wouldn't hear about it anymore.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

He wouldn't be suing them because they published something he didn't like.  What a fucking joke.  He'd sue them for publishing something about him that isn't true. 

Right, because Trump's never had frivolous lawsuits against news organizations thrown out before. Oh wait.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/06/trump-sued-everyone-but-his-hairdresser.html

In 1984, Trump sued the Chicago Tribune for $500 million after the publication’s architecture critic, Paul Gapp, wrote an item suggesting Chicago’s Sears Tower, then the world’s tallest building, would remain as such, despite Trump’s plan to build a taller structure in downtown Manhattan. Trump claimed the story “virtually torpedoed” his dreams, according to the Associated Press, by depicting his would-be tower as “an atrocious, ugly monstrosity” even though, Trump said, he hadn’t even yet hired an architect or drawn a plan.

In 2006, Trump sued New York Times reporter Timothy L. O’Brien, author of TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald, as well as the book’s publisher, Warner Books, for saying Trump is worth $150 million to $250 million when Trump claimed, at the time, he was worth $2.7 billion. Trump said the error was “egregiously false,” according to Agence France Presse.

In 2009, the suit was dismissed. Trump now claims he’s worth “$8,737,540,000.”

----------------------------

He sued because of something he "didn't like." The cases were thrown out because they were ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

And to pretend he would do it because "he doesn't like it" is equally ridiculous.  

And there's this:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_580f9883e4b000d0b158e61e

A lot of readers are reminding us of the time Trump threatened to sue Bill Maher to claim a $5 million reward for proving he himself was not sired by an orangutan. He did actually try to sue Maher, but the case was dismissed in late 2013. We know this was before his presidential bid, but here’s the background, just for fun. 

Lol

22 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

And there's this:

A lot of readers are reminding us of the time Trump threatened to sue Bill Maher to claim a $5 million reward for proving he himself was not sired by an orangutan. He did actually try to sue Maher, but the case was dismissed in late 2013. We know this was before his presidential bid, but here’s the background, just for fun. 

Lol

Wait... he wasn't sired by an orangutan...?

3 hours ago, red321 said:

Feel free to show us any recent precedence...hell, precedence in general, of the president suing for slander...and add on top of it President Elect Flomax has suggested he would try and open up liable and slander laws to make it easier for people like himself to piss on the press and sue them for coverage he didn't think was appropriate. Which is pretty scary when you consider Flo has a history of suing people for saying things he doesn't like.

there isn't any precedence because all the presidents have been pussies.

USA ! USA ! USA ! 

4 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

And there's this:

Lol

Thank you for proving my point. 

4 hours ago, red321 said:

Jay agrees trying to silence the press is dangerous as well? I haven't seen him post on the subject recently, but I figured since Obama's "secret plan" to use the Fairness Doctrine to kill conservative media didn't come to fruition we wouldn't hear about it anymore.

My point is you are as blinded by your political view as he is.  

22 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Lou was just doing what he normally does: Trolling libs. Cons were shooting the shit with everyone else but they were spared lol

And of course lurkers who don't really follow the news took this thread a bit too literally. It was a night of goofing around for the lulz. More to follow!

Oh, come on. You guys gave MAGA and Jay crap for months for doing the same thing. Don't go getting all butthurt on us.  And I'm sure you were all just enjoying "a night of goofing around" Tuesday's @ 6:35pm are known for being silly-time.

Ok, anyone who buys that, please stand up ...

image.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Warwick said:

lol. seriously.

the amount of deflection in this forum is crazier than a game of air hockey.

if we are going to go off topic about trump pissing on people, can i atleast tell the story of the time i did it?

Go on............I think. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Oh, come on. You guys gave MAGA and Jay crap for months for doing the same thing. Don't go getting all butthurt on us.  And I'm sure you were all just enjoying "a night of goofing around" Tuesday's @ 6:35pm are known for being silly-time.

No butthurt here and no regrets. Tuesday night was a riot.

The piss jokes still crack me up btw, I need to watch that SNL skit again lol

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Hillary hired Russian man whores for a piss party?

2 hours ago, Lou said:

name them 

Well, you could start with the birther crap, work your way through the FEMA camps and Obamacare death panels, take a detour through the swamps where Obama is gay and Michelle used to be a man, take a right turn by hating the troops, and then proceed from there.

Yes, every president gets it. Trump is the first one threatening to sue, and before he even gets into office. That's unusual.