• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Post-election counseling

Looks like the generation of constant entertainment, participation trophies and time outs is having difficulty dealing with the outcome of the election. Those of us who have been on the planet for a while longer and weren't given recognition for merely showing up for things realize that sometimes your side wins and sometimes it doesn't. It's the way that life works. The linked article pertains to students at UNLV, but a quick Google search indicates that this kind of thing is going on all over the country.

Got post-election anxiety? UNLV offering therapy sessions

7 hours ago, cezero said:

get over it

the fucktard is president, and the fucktards who voted for him are happy. 

do what you can to make sure it doesn't stay that way in 4 years, or shut up. 

But the fucktard president can't serve another 4 years.  It's already served his 8. 

But I agree, people should get over it.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

some yahoo kid at private Hampshire college in massachusetts talks to tucker carlson on fox news about the importance of taking down the repressive US flag.

http://tribunist.com/news/after-college-removes-american-flags-tucker-carlson-demolishes-students-attempt-to-defend-decsion/?utm_source=CDH

His parents should request a refund

8 hours ago, Tank said:

some yahoo kid at private Hampshire college in massachusetts talks to tucker carlson on fox news about the importance of taking down the repressive US flag.

http://tribunist.com/news/after-college-removes-american-flags-tucker-carlson-demolishes-students-attempt-to-defend-decsion/?utm_source=CDH

That is beyond horrible! 

What sane person would ever talk to Tucker Carlson?

He is irrelevant and will continue to be irrelevant even with mom and dad's influence and money. No corporations are hiring these clowns, they bring nothing to industry so the guy is probably going to end up the art director at some 3rd rate museum of modern art and wearing a goatee and suspenders under his cardigan.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He is irrelevant and will continue to be irrelevant even with mom and dad's influence and money. No corporations are hiring these clowns, they bring nothing to industry so the guy is probably going to end up the art director at some 3rd rate museum of modern art and wearing a goatee and suspenders under his cardigan.

Or he'll get a job a an A list actor or a journalist 

14 hours ago, Tank said:

Hampshire is strange. My stepdaughter was recruited by them before she started her undergraduate studies. They flew a representative into town to meet with her and two other students. Their program of study is bizarre - totally unstructured. Students have a faculty advisor who oversees their course of study throughout. I'm wondering what the diploma says, because there isn't a curriculum as such. Many of their courses are independent study with no textbooks.

As you might have guessed, it's also insanely expensive.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Hampshire is strange. My stepdaughter was recruited by them before she started her undergraduate studies. They flew a representative into town to meet with her and two other students. Their program of study is bizarre - totally unstructured. Students have a faculty advisor who oversees their course of study throughout. I'm wondering what the diploma says, because there isn't a curriculum as such. Many of their courses are independent study with no textbooks.

As you might have guessed, it's also insanely expensive.

$62k a year for tuition.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

He froze up on TV, that means he's headed to being a blogger... uhhhh, journalist . 

He told Carlson he wants to be a US History teacher. With his warped understanding of history, his class would be a complete disaster of safe spaces and misinformation. He'd probably have to change the title to something less repressive so it isn't a trigger warning to the masses at the University of Wimp.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

He told Carlson he wants to be a US History teacher. With his warped understanding of history, his class would be a complete disaster of safe spaces and misinformation. He'd probably have to change the title to something less repressive so it isn't a trigger warning to the masses at the University of Wimp.

I have a friend and a cousin who are both teachers and remind me of this guy. I wish they weren't teachers

6 hours ago, Tank said:

$62k a year for tuition.

It has gone up. Five years ago, they quoted us somewhere in the neighborhood of $55-56K per year.

Their informational literature says that Hampshire College was formed after a group of academicians met and decided what the future of higher education should be (this was in the 1970s sometime). Hampshire was the end result. A ridiculously expensive school with no curriculum and questionable degree programs. I was left to wonder what success a student would have with an undergraduate degree from Hampshire and trying to do post-graduate work somewhere else.