• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

black friday shopping

Brandon

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I havent gone in a few years but this year im gonna try to hit a few stores. looking to grab a drone and a camera. best buy has the surface pro on sale, too. 

get one for me too plz. those drones with cameras do look fun.

how do they do the video in realtime on phones though? bluetooth can't operate at that distance. do they use a cellular signal?

I'd rather be hung by the testicles than shop on black friday.

I will say...if you need Christmas decorations and the like...the day after Christmas is the day. Show up at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. before they open. Few years ago we picked up a kickass fake tree, lights already strung, etc. $400 tree for 80% off. Old lady tried to take it off of my cart while I had my back turned, almost had to drop kick the old bag. Strands of lights for $5, decorations for dirt cheap. Only way to go.

My family was always a real tree family, wife's family was always a fake tree family. After getting the kick ass fake tree...will never go back to the real tree...you can buy a pine scented candle for dirt cheap.

i think i remember you telling that story, the old bag trying to jack your shit rings a bell.

hilarious.

i think i've only gone once on thanksgiving after drinking too much and decided to buy a bunch of shit. it was late in the day so no one was really there, especially since it was best buy and they all ran the same shit. 

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

get one for me too plz. those drones with cameras do look fun.

how do they do the video in realtime on phones though? bluetooth can't operate at that distance. do they use a cellular signal?

No clue man, im totally clueless to them...other than watching a few youtube videos and wanting one.

I dont know even half of what they can do, but i know you can basically set them to fly to a certain height, then tell it to follow you or circle you...i want one for a few trips im taking in the future just to get some crazy shots.

The wife and I were talking about this on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house. I can't think of any store discount that would compel me to camp out for two or three days on the sidewalk just to get a crack at it. The really good stuff is usually in very limited quantities and it is intended just to get you into the store. I am well past the age when I am willing to get into a fist fight over something at Wal-Mart (if indeed there ever was such a time).

20 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The wife and I were talking about this on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house. I can't think of any store discount that would compel me to camp out for two or three days on the sidewalk just to get a crack at it. The really good stuff is usually in very limited quantities and it is intended just to get you into the store. I am well past the age when I am willing to get into a fist fight over something at Wal-Mart (if indeed there ever was such a time).

Dude Starter yoga pants for $4.96! Don't fuck me or I will drop you

Just got back (nerd alert). actually wssnt near as crazy as i expected. about the same crowd as normal christmas shopping. showed up after it opened, so not sure if people camped out or anything.

Went crazy and spent way too much. i plan to return a few things (that i wasnt even aiming for), but figured id grab it at a cheap price and see if i still want it in a day or two. can always return them.

Tried to do some black friday shopping online.  So far, haven't been able to buy anything from Fry's for the last few hours.  Their website has been fubar since 5 am this morning.  And when you call, all circuits are busy.  I did get through after 30 minutes of staying on hold only to have them tell me, can't do anything.  Try again later.  Our systems are down too.  What a clusterfuck.

10 hours ago, calscuf said:

Last year I was leaving early on the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a eurotrip and needed a good jacket, a couple high quality flannels and some shoes that would be good for walking and also deal with wet cobblestones and snow.  Head to REI, right?  That was my plan.

But REI in all of its pretentious, "it's shit like this that caused Trump to be president" glory, actually fucking CLOSED  on Friday as a protest against materialism and to give their employees the holiday off (it's not a holiday dipshits).

I used an old jacket, bought a couple flannels at target and bought a pair of leather Sketchers at DSW.

Saved myself probably $300.  But for an outdoors retailer to close down on a non-holiday Friday before many ski resorts open around the country (not to mention my situation) is so fucking moronic, as pissed off as I was about Trump, I would've enjoyed actually pissing on the faces of those pretentious homos on Election Day as my urine and their tears mixed.

Don't offer sales, don't require more staff to work, offer free lattes and beignets, just don't punish me to show how sensitive you are.

Too bad you didn't go to REI the week before when they had their annual Winter Sale. Happens every year.

Loads of deals for the people that wanted to go outside and play on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

i think cals is the first dude to ever admit to buying sketchers.....i thought those were always shoes wives buy for their husbands and the guys just wear them.

not doing any black friday shopping, but just spent a shitload on amazon. first time i ever used the site to my recollection. i don't think anything was black friday sale stuff.

6 hours ago, Sully151 said:

Too bad you didn't go to REI the week before when they had their annual Winter Sale. Happens every year.

Loads of deals for the people that wanted to go outside and play on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Yep, was there last week. Bought a nice new pair of shades and used the 20% discount. Plus I had a pair of shades I bought 6 months ago that I bent the frame on...they took them back no questions asked...$160 pair of glasses for $50.

REI has the best return policy around. I've seen people return pants after 3 years because they no longer "fit right". I took a pair of boots in after 18 months of use, wanted to get an idea on how to reglue the tread that was coming loose...manager saw the boots and had me return them for a new pair instead. Because there was a sale on the boots they actually gave me money back in return.

For small items, REI is too expensive. But for larger purchases, if REI is a little more (and they do run 20% off sales a few times a year, plus dividends) I always make the purchase at REI because of their return policy.

And if you are looking to pick up gear...find out when they have a used gear sale. Show up hours early and wait in line. Have a list of what you want, when the line opens rush in a grab items from your list and then take them over to a corner and check out the condition they are in.. We picked up a $360 tent for $80. Not a damn thing wrong with it, the previous owner just didn't want it anymore and returned it apparently. We've picked up backpacks, shells, stove, sleeping pads for for 75-80% off of getting them new.

i actually went out today and shopped. i've lost enough weight (110 pounds and 8 inches off my waist) that my pants really don't fit anymore, so i had to brave the elements and the idiots and had a successful outing. then i went to sears to get my watch fixed (don't laugh, the guy there is really good and he's also a kings fan that likes to talk shop). lots of people standing around in check-out lines that i didn't have to use.