• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seriously, though: the Bannon choice is incredibly concerning.

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The whole thing is incredibly concerning. My question is whether his supporters will wake up to the fact that they've been conned, that Trump's populist message is only skin-deep.

You'very been wrong about everything else, may as well be wrong about this also.

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The whole thing is incredibly concerning. My question is whether his supporters will wake up to the fact that they've been conned, that Trump's populist message is only skin-deep.

His populist message supports a pick of Bannon for one of his advisors.  

and yes.  that dude is scary.  

So far I've only seen one quote from Bannon that I think is bad:

Referring to Ann Coulter, Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin in a 2011 radio interview on Political Vindication Radio, he said: “These women cut to the heart of the progressive narrative. That’s why there are some unintended consequences of the women’s liberation movement. That, in fact, the women that would lead this country would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children. They wouldn’t be a bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England. That drives the left insane, and that’s why they hate these women.”

Are there more quotes from him that should make me uncomfortable? Honest question.

7 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

So far I've only seen one quote from Bannon that I think is bad:

Referring to Ann Coulter, Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin in a 2011 radio interview on Political Vindication Radio, he said: “These women cut to the heart of the progressive narrative. That’s why there are some unintended consequences of the women’s liberation movement. That, in fact, the women that would lead this country would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children. They wouldn’t be a bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England. That drives the left insane, and that’s why they hate these women.”

Are there more quotes from him that should make me uncomfortable? Honest question.

Read the headlines.

https://www.good.is/articles/five-scary-steve-bannon-quotes-alt-right

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

That dyke quote is still the only one that I feel could be offensive.

As far as the Jew comment, I'm not going to put any weight behind a divorce hearing deposition over a custody battle. All sorts of crazy shit gets said in those types of hearings. It's most likely bullshit.

Is there anything else? I just don't see the monster that the press is painting right now. 

There are plenty of articles outlining the cesspool that is Breitbart "news" and it's transformation into an alt-right/white nationalist propaganda website under Bannon's leadership.

Here is the Southern Poverty Law Center talking about Bannon's transformation of website into propaganda mill for the alt-right

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/28/breitbartcom-becoming-media-arm-alt-right

Here's a Breitbart published article whitewashing the neo-nazi white supremacist viewpoints of alt-right leaders like Richard Spencer

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/

Here are some headlines and articles published on the Bannon run Breitbart over the last year plus

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/here-are-some-of-the-worst-breitbart-headlines-signed-off-by-trumps-new-chief-strategist/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/stephen-bannon-donald-trump-alt-right-breitbart-news

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ex-breitbart-editor-slams-vindictive-former-boss-for-signing-on-with-trump/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/5-breitbart-conspiracy-theories-head-spin-article-1.2755173

And if you really want to see the best humanity has to offer...wade into the comments section and see who he is peddling his shit to...just make sure you are near a shower

Spoiler

in before the rationalization...well...he isn't responsible for his writers and what his website allows posted in the comments section

16 minutes ago, cezero said:

nobody needs to prove anything about bannon. it doesn't lose trump anything politically because most of his constituency will either love having a bona fide bigot on the white house staff, or idiotically accuse anybody who acknowledges bannon's open and unapologetic racism as exaggerating. 

i know i'm living in a fantasy world, but maybe there's a chance it's a token/symbolic position to appease the nationalist/kkk crazies who expect to be represented?  it's not a cabinet position or even an important administrative white house position. presidents have used advisory positions like this as purely political moves before. 

i know it's pie in the sky, but it's kind of all i've got right now. 

If true, it's sad that a president would do anything to appease the KKK.

2 minutes ago, cezero said:

i know i'm living in a fantasy world, but maybe there's a chance it's a token/symbolic position to appease the nationalist/kkk crazies who expect to be represented?  it's not a cabinet position or even an important administrative white house position. presidents have used advisory positions like this as purely political moves before. 

I  am hoping the same thing.  I think it's all we can hope for.  

here is an excerpt from an article on Bannon.  While some of the quotes are at least a little relieving, the fact that this guy could be the point person in terms of foreign policy is terrifying.    

Former Breitbart employees interviewed by The Hill — including three who strongly dislike Bannon — level all manner of charges about Bannon.

They say he’s extreme, dictatorial and verbally abusive. They say he’s got a short attention span and urges his reporters to go “buck wild,” meaning to take their attacks on ideological enemies to extremes not accepted in conventional journalism. They say he uses Breitbart as a tool to gain power.

None of them recalls hearing Bannon make an anti-Semitic remark. One source recalls feeling uncomfortable, listening to Bannon ranting about black rioters in Ferguson, Mo. These sources criticize Bannon for binding himself to a movement that they say has virulent anti-Semitism and racism within it. 

“While he might be playing footsie with the alt-right, and he doesn’t have a problem engaging anti-Semites … he is not himself an anti-Semite,” said a former Breitbart employee who fell out with Bannon.

“He’s a staunch supporter of Israel,” the source added. “I think it’s the media’s overblown reaction thinking that he’s going to tell Trump to institute anti-Jewish policies. It’s quite ridiculous.”

Asked how they expected Bannon to operate within Trump’s White House, these former Breitbart employees said they expected him to be loose and unstructured. He’s a prolific generator of ideas and does not view himself as belonging to one party or the other. He’s likely to pursue some unusual alliances, those who know him say.

Bannon admires what Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren(D-Mass.) have done on the left in generating populist energy and stoking opposition to trade deals. And he’s a big fan of Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, the Hawaii Democrat who frustrates progressives due to her more right-leaning stances on guns, refugees and Islamic extremism.

“I think you’re going to see a lot of interesting stuff,” said a source familiar with Bannon’s thinking. “And you’re going to see them forge alliances on the world stage with some interesting characters.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/305999-trump-taps-incendiary-bannon-for-role-of-chief-wh-strategist

19 minutes ago, cezero said:

nobody needs to prove anything about bannon. it doesn't lose trump anything politically because most of his constituency will either love having a bona fide bigot on the white house staff, or idiotically accuse anybody who acknowledges bannon's open and unapologetic racism as exaggerating. 

I agree, nobody should need to prove anything regarding Bannon...but you can already see the rationalization and attempt to normalize his past. A man sitting yards, on the taxpayer dime, from the oval office.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If true, it's sad that a president would do anything to appease the KKK.

maybe it's splitting hairs, but he's appeasing the anti-establishment segment of the population that was essentially responsible for getting him elected.  

the other thing to consider is that essentially the other half of the country who didn't support him along with quite a few that did are very much on guard as it relates to the extremist intolerance against non-white, alternate lifestyle etc.  All Bannon's appointment does is fan that flame and further motivate those who oppose to appropriately obstruct.  If Trump's intention was ever to try and turn this country into the alt-right with a breitbart manifeso, you'd think he'd take a much more subtle approach and leave Bannon lying in the weeds instead of putting him out front.  I think, I hope that this is a concession of sorts.  It also gives Trump and the rest of his staff the opportunity to seem reasonable and collaborative by comparison.  Maybe.     

14 minutes ago, red321 said:

I agree, nobody should need to prove anything regarding Bannon...but you can already see the rationalization and attempt to normalize his past. A man sitting yards, on the taxpayer dime, from the oval office.

people rationalize because they want our country to succeed.  at least that's why I do it.  I am as terrified as the next person in regards to this guy but I hope that there are enough check's and balances where his supposed intelligence and idea generating skills are made use of while his extremism is kept under wraps.  I would think that the republican majority congress isn't exactly thrilled with this guy even though they are mostly keeping quiet.  So if his influence ends up being toward the extremism consistent with his history, I think the house and senate will take their ball and go home which will lead to 4 years of crickets.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

maybe it's splitting hairs, but he's appeasing the anti-establishment segment of the population that was essentially responsible for getting him elected.  

the other thing to consider is that essentially the other half of the country who didn't support him along with quite a few that did are very much on guard as it relates to the extremist intolerance against non-white, alternate lifestyle etc.  All Bannon's appointment does is fan that flame and further motivate those who oppose to appropriately obstruct.  If Trump's intention was ever to try and turn this country into the alt-right with a breitbart manifeso, you'd think he'd take a much more subtle approach and leave Bannon lying in the weeds instead of putting him out front.  I think, I hope that this is a concession of sorts.  It also gives Trump and the rest of his staff the opportunity to seem reasonable and collaborative by comparison.  Maybe.     

You don't get one without the other....you can't just say I'm only appointing the anti-establishment portion...not the racist anti-semite part. It's not like ordering the daily special and shoving the soggy broccoli and carrots to the side of the plate.

If he wanted to cater to the anti-establishment folks I'm sure there were plenty of choices who weren't a leading proponent of the white nationalist and alt-right.