• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Hot Stove Thread (no Angels rumors or news here)

Docwaukee

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Gomez seeking a multi year deal.  Hoping to get 5 years.  (el oh el)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/carlos-gomez-expected-to-seek-multi-year-deal.html

"You just don’t find this kind of player on the market," agent Scott Boras told Heyman.

Yeah, go F$#@ yourselves Gomez and Boras.

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think we're done with OF'ers.....except for depth....

I think we'll add a solid vet 4th OF type. Maybin has been just a little too fragile and aside from Ortega and Robinson (who may be non-tendered) we don't have anyone ready to cover. May also be a role we try to fill via Rule V.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think we'll add a solid vet 4th OF type. Maybin has been just a little too fragile and aside from Ortega and Robinson (who may be non-tendered) we don't have anyone ready to cover. May also be a role we try to fill via Rule V.

Rule V....... PHACK THAT! I've seen enough between Featherweight, JumpedsomeguyChoi and the rest of the bearded nucleus....

11 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Rule V....... PHACK THAT! I've seen enough between Featherweight, JumpedsomeguyChoi and the rest of the bearded nucleus....

Rule V is a perfect way to basically buy some guys into the upper minors, and considering we have nothing in the AA/AAA outfield depth chart, if they didn't spend money on a 4th OF I'd be perfectly content with them trying to find someone Rule V. Joey Rickard, Delino DeShields, Odubel Herrera...all taken in last couple of years and any one of them would be a great 4th OF with potential for more.

I think we are also higher in the Rule V draft order too.

2 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

Fletcher tweeted that the Eppler working on a deal to brink back Andrew Bailey.

Other interesting news from Fletcher:

Campos may soon be cleared to start throwing and could be ready for spring training.

Angels were represented at Greg Holland's exhibition and he looked good.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/angels-734636-andrew-grabbed.html

43 minutes ago, Tank said:

if we're going to improve, players like shane robinson won't be part of it. i'm sure he's a real nice guy, but he's not the kind of player that is going to make us a better team, at least not at this point in time.

He's an alright 5th OF type but those guys are a dime a dozen. He'll be non-tendered. I hope we snag a 4th OF who is capable of playing everyday and bump Ortega down a rung to the 5th OF spot. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah please don't give up a 2nd round pick for Jeremy Hellickson.

In the thread summarizing Eppler's comments to season ticket holders he said something along the lines of spending right up to the point that it doesn't cost them players/picks.

I think it's safe to say we won't sign anyone who will cost a draft pick this year.