• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A-Rod: "Joe Maddon was the Angels' mastermind."

ABC

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You not being able to separate good players from names you recognize doesn't mean they were inferior.    Evan Longoria, Rocco Baldelli, Carl Crawford, Melvin Upton when he was still considered an up and coming star, Ben Zobrist, John Jaso, Carlos Pena....    Matt Garza, James Shields, pre-meltdown Kazmir.... David Price.

That first playoff team had better talent that you remember,.

Almost all of those players were terrible once they left Maddon.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

If Scioscia is such a solid manager in your eyes, would you be agreeable to another extension of his contract, say for five years?

Just wondering...

No I personally wouldn't sign him to another extension, but you guys that think he is the biggest reason for this teams failures are ridiculous.  I am ready for someone new, but it has little to do with his performance, and more to do with wanting to see something different.  There is also a part of me that has that "be careful what you wish for" mentality for all of the guys on here that think he sucks or is the worst manager in the game.  If you think he is the worst in the game then it is tough to value your opinion on anything baseball related.  

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

You mean as soon as his roster went to crap, the same with Maddon. Joe had some pretty good teams based on a 10 year run of 1st round picks to develop. Once the team had success, lost those early draft picks the Rays started to phase out and Joe bailed on his contract for the Cubs that not only had a bunch of All Stars on the rise but management willing to throw money at the roster.

As someone else said, Maddon had the good fortune to work under Stoneman, Friedman and now Epstein. Three GM's that could build winning teams. Nice to see him getting his best shot at a world series ring managing at age 62, 14 years after he got one as a bench coach.

Madden has been smart to pick the right horse at the right time. (not a Lackey joke)

13 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Joe Maddon opted out of his contract because he was wanted. Scioscia didn't opt out of his contract because nobody wanted his dumb ass.

It had nothing to do with Maddon wanting to go to the Cubs and Mike wanting to stay in Anaheim?  So fucking stupid.

Once again I feel better about my opinion when this is the voice of the opposing view point.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I don't even hate the guy like most on here, but to shit all over him for the better part of a decade on AW, but then he says something about the Angels and we suddenly value his opinion, that is just weird logic.  

Exactly what I was thinking. For those of you participating in the "ARod's Comment is Genius" circle-jerk, let us remember that he also said :

"When people write (bad things) about me, I don't know if it's because I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, I make the most money, I play on the most popular team..." 

Both of his parents are from the Dominican Republican 

Scioscia is living where he wants to at the top of the managerial pay scale, what is the opt out incentive? 

Maddon was coaching  a team on a lousy location and a team on a sharp decline with a GM that hired him bailing for the Dodgers. So he had no front office backing, no budget, no prospects on the rise and a pay scale that represented a first time manager. What was his incentive to stay? 

Had Scioscia opted out before Maddon,  Epstien  would have hired him for the Cubs. That I have no doubt of and I also have no doubt Dipoto would have hired Maddon as his replacement. 

The Angels still would have sucked this season and Scioscia would be captain in the Cubs in the World Series and many would be complaining how Scioscia had abandoned the Angels and blah, blah, blah. 

Regardless, Homebrewer would still be a Cubs fan. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Exactly what I was thinking. For those of you participating in the "ARod's Comment is Genius" circle-jerk, let us remember that he also said :

"When people write (bad things) about me, I don't know if it's because I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, I make the most money, I play on the most popular team..." 

Both of his parents are from the Dominican Republican 

I think the biracial part has to do with his choice in men. 

14 hours ago, Dochalo said:

It must be awesome to have Andrew Friedman and Theo Epstein putting your teams together.  

Of all the major sports, I feel like the baseball manager is the least important to the success of a team.   

other than having a payroll expense of over half a billion dollars in 2 seasons, what exactly has Friedman accomplished? 

16 hours ago, Nebula said:

I agree with A Rod. Scioscia is a joke! Joe Maddon is the real reason why this team won. 

please explain how this is true. take all the time you need and use whatever charts and graphs will help explain how you know this.

7 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

The Angels had Maddon in the organization for abut 25 years, and long before Scioscia arrived on the scene.  Evidently the Rays and later the Cubs saw something in him the Angels never did.  

Yeah, age and black glasses.