• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A-Rod: "Joe Maddon was the Angels' mastermind."

ABC

^thats a fair enough assessment.

Im not a sosh fan, but i dont think hes "the problem". The FO has created a mess. Look at the dodgers, who have spent like crazy and built a super team...but still havent built a bullpen. Thats like us, without the super team.

I dont think replacing sosh fixes that. I think he brings a lot of good, and is smarter than people think. I also think he rubs some people the wrong way and plays favorites. So i can live with him staying or going.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

This is a great example of a post by a Scioscia hater.  If we don't share the same disdain for the guy then we automatically must think he's the greatest manager ever.  

I don't hate the guy. I don't even know him.

I hate some of the things he does on the field. But not him personally.

On October 23, 2016 at 2:53 PM, California Cajun said:

The Angels had Maddon in the organization for abut 25 years, and long before Scioscia arrived on the scene.  Evidently the Rays and later the Cubs saw something in him the Angels never did.  

Maddon managed 3 years in the minors (+3 in short-season)

In his first 9 years managing in the majors, 0 World Series titles with 1 ALCS (getting blasted in in the WS, 4-1 vs Philly)

Scioscia managed 1 season in the minors (+1 in AFL)

He won a WS title in his 3rd year. 

Egde: Lowell 

I think Maddon is great and hated seeing him leave the organization. Hope to see him back one day.

And while he does do things that drive me nuts, it will be a sad day when Sosh leaves. Yeah it will  be nice for a change of some sort but the guy will have been here for close to two decades when his contract is up and has helped provide a lot of stability to an organization that always seemed to lack it.

All the haters of Joe Maddon in this thread, you know what you sound like, like a bunch of fucking babies! Sour grapes, how does that taste! I hope Joe Maddon wins another world series,just to see the pain in your pansy sorry asses. 3 times manager of the year. Was instrumental in the 2002 WS. He took the stinking Rays to the World Series. and about to deliver the Cubs a World Series since forever. Joe Maddon is an all time great, suck it

Hey Neb, you haven't been here long enough to stick around staying stupid shit.  When he wins a world series it will be his first as a manager, so "another" world series is somewhat stupid.  I like Maddon, but with that line up, you would probably be able to get them to a world series and that is saying a TON.  

1 hour ago, Nebula said:

All the haters of Joe Maddon in this thread, you know what you sound like, like a bunch of fucking babies! Sour grapes, how does that taste! I hope Joe Maddon wins another world series,just to see the pain in your pansy sorry asses. 3 times manager of the year. Was instrumental in the 2002 WS. He took the stinking Rays to the World Series. and about to deliver the Cubs a World Series since forever. Joe Maddon is an all time great, suck it

running your mouth against people you have no relationship with or connection to isn't a very effective way to have a long career on this board.

calm down. it's okay if not everyone agrees with you. 

2 hours ago, Nebula said:

another? lol

took the stinking rays to the world series AND GOT TROUNCED BY THE PHILLIES 4 GAMES TO 1.

also, who hates Joe Maddon?  

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

I have a strong feeling that the next time the Angels win a World Series it won't be Mike Scioscia that accompanies them to the White House.  

and Nebs won't be participating in the Championship thread here 

2 hours ago, Nebula said:

Found the "Cubbies for life" fan.

Never fails, it happens every year. The World Series rolls around and a fan of one the teams comes on here to act like a big tough buffoon.

I don't think anybody on this board has done anything but show a tremendous amount of respect for Joe Maddon, so I'm kinda puzzled, why so angry?

8 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Great GM's hire the best managers in baseball. One of them is Joe Maddon.  Scioscia wasn't even considered.

Bill Stoneman was the first GM in the Angels history to record a World Series Trophy. His teams also went to the playoffs 5 more times during his tenure. He hired Mike Scioscia. 

I guess you enjoy being an idiot in public. 

38 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

In November, 2005, the then-Devil Rays had just finished their eighth straight season of at least 90 losses. Joe turned them around.

In 2006 they lost 101...  with Maddon.   In 2007 they lost 96....  with Maddon.   Sometimes it takes a few seasons for the genius or magic to kick in...