• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Shoemaker Update

John Smith

29 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Matt Shoemaker has a skull fracture and hematoma. He is staying in Seattle in a hospital. Will see a nuerologist. He is awake and speaking

This injury could end his career. Although, his recovery/health comes first. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Could end his career?

It hasn't been stated or speculated aloud, but I would imagine anytime someone's head and brain take trauma of that level, there can be risk that a second instance happening in the same spot could be tremendously damaging or lethal, and due to that risk, it just isn't worth risking his life over a pitching career. At least that's how I am interpreting it.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

It hasn't been stated or speculated aloud, but I would imagine anytime someone's head and brain take trauma of that level, there can be risk that a second instance happening in the same spot could be tremendously damaging or lethal, and due to that risk, it just isn't worth risking his life over a pitching career. At least that's how I am interpreting it.

Got it. I also imagine there'd be a psychological hill for Shoe to climb after a traumatic event like this.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

There is also the psychological impact.  Will he be nervous or hesitant next time he takes the mound?  It would be easy to lose ones mental edge after taking a hit like that.