• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Swanson, their new scouting director

John Smith

My phone has been blowing up with texts/calls from people saying the Angels made a great hire in Matt Swanson

The crosschecker goes all over the country to see prospects so they have a reference to compare players from all over.

1 hour ago, oater said:

He was the signing scout for big leaguers Stephen Piscotty, Kolten Wong, and Kyle Barraclough, among others.
Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/news/angels-hire-matt-swanson-scouting-director/#1bJbUDeoZ7BPKykD.99

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

I'm judging him based on what he did while he was with us. We went from one of the best farm systems to one of the worst farm systems.

He was really bad.

He was doing what his boss told him to do...    If they tell you target players who do  X Y Z and fit a certain profile.  That's what you do.    Look no further than the M's draft this year.  18 of their first 20 picks were college players and 26 of their first 30. They drafted 8 HS players among their final 10 picks but didn't sign any of them.  Sound familiar?

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He was doing what his boss told him to do...    If they tell you target players who do  X Y Z and fit a certain profile.  That's what you do.    Look no further than the M's draft this year.  18 of their first 20 picks were college players and 26 of their first 30. They drafted 8 HS players among their final 10 picks but didn't sign any of them.  Sound familiar?

I thought this place was big on personal responsibility. Eppler kept him around for another draft and still fired him. 

1 hour ago, Jobu said:

I thought this place was big on personal responsibility. Eppler kept him around for another draft and still fired him. 

Last I heard, he's still part of the organization.  BTW, the personal responsibility crack is hilarious....   Did you ever try applying it to Teflon Jerry? .... you know the man truly responsible for direction of the draft the four years he was here.   It wasn't Wilson who came in and instantly fired all the scouts who had built the system up, it wasn't Wilson who talked up the virtues of obtaining close to MLB ready talent..  and it certainly wasn't Wilson who was quoted in the LA Times as having said that Baldoquin wasn't a raw prospect, that he just needed at bats and he was MLB ready.   So yeah -- I'm assigning the responsibility where it belongs..  I know that pains the Beliebers.

Unlike his predecessor, Eppler didn't come in and turn over the apple cart by firing everyone - but anyone capable of telling apples from oranges noticed a significant shift in our how we drafted this year.  A change for the better..   

36 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Last I heard, he's still part of the organization.  BTW, the personal responsibility crack is hilarious....   Did you ever try applying it to Teflon Jerry? .... you know the man truly responsible for direction of the draft the four years he was here.   It wasn't Wilson who came in and instantly fired all the scouts who had built the system up, it wasn't Wilson who talked up the virtues of obtaining close to MLB ready talent..  and it certainly wasn't Wilson who was quoted in the LA Times as having said that Baldoquin wasn't a raw prospect, that he just needed at bats and he was MLB ready.   So yeah -- I'm assigning the responsibility where it belongs..  I know that pains the Beliebers.

Unlike his predecessor, Eppler didn't come in and turn over the apple cart by firing everyone - but anyone capable of telling apples from oranges noticed a significant shift in our how we drafted this year.  A change for the better..   

As usual, nobody is talking about Jerry but you. 

11 hours ago, Jobu said:

As usual, nobody is talking about Jerry but you. 

As usual people are all for casting blame unless it's directed at he who has no blame.    Regardless, I was talking about Wilson and since you brought him up, Eppler..  It's difficult to talk about either guy in the context of what was being discussed without pointing out the connections or the differences between them.   Sorry that's such a difficult concept to grasp.    

BTW -- I checked my posting history of the last 50 posts going back to August 15th one had any reference to Jerry....  ONE, the one you chose to respond to.   That's the same number of times I've mention Cal, and I actually hate Cal...  So yeah.... 

Feel free to add me to the ignore list if you're going to be triggered so easily.