• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers trying to give away Puig

kevinb

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How has someone not called out Kevin as a drunk based on his constant bar attendance and having friends that love the bar scene and having lots of conversations with bartenders.   

Oh and I would take a flyer on Puig. 

I used to be at the bars a lot more than now. I wish I had better drunk stories. Sadly most the time I was the designated driver cause I was to anxious back then to have others drive so I made convos w bartenders and others cause my friends were drunk

Something else must be going on here. Here the Dodgers are in the middle of a race with the hated Giants for the West and they have Puig down on the farm hitting around .400 and the guy the Dodgers replaced him with is hitting .149!!

There just has to be something else besides Puig being immature going on here.

1 hour ago, Angels#1Fan said:

If the Dodgers were really trying to give Puig away he'd already be gone.

This suggest to me that the price is too high or it's not enough of a bargain to entice someone to take a flyer on him.

Very true. Teams know the dodgers are in the corner, because they are set in the outfield and the clubhouse wants him gone...but the dodgers want fair value, not "this guys is a problem". They can easily eat the contract and stash him as depth, while waiting for a fair offer

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Let's address all of these things I have said. No I don't know he's high 98% of the time it may have been a little just presumptuous of me to say that. 

Yes I've seen him high and so have my friends I've also seen him high and drunk as have my friends. Of my recollection being as I'm around the same age as he is I'm 33. I've seen him in Vegas a handful of times. A couple of times in Newport a couple times in Costa Mesa and once in Anaheim. Each time I've seen him he's been high or drunk or both. Not that I blame him I was drinking as well and I've talked to him a couple times out on the town. 

To the friends part yes since I wasn't there we would all laugh and compare stories of Angels players we've run into. We are all big Angels fans so it's always a hey I saw so and so at this bar man they were drunk or that guy was super cool or wow he was angry or high etc. 

As for the bartenders and bouncers I've talked to its usually a random story we would randomly bring up while being with friends and the bartender would then chime in and say something. One time I asked a bouncer at a bar about the players that came in because this bar was close to Angels stadium and he would say so and so would come in everyone's pretty cool. Except one player and he's like I won't say tho and I bothered him about it being the bothersome pest I sometimes can be :) and I asked if I guessed would he tell me he said ya and from all the stories over the years I guessed Mr Weave and I got a ya back and the story of how he gets kicked out all the time. 

I never said why he got kicked out just that he did while being under the influence of something. I don't know why I'd make this up it doesn't make me sound cool because I asked questions. And I don't know why it's not more talked about in the media. We have a very relaxed sports media here in Orange County the media tends to give these guys a pass and not report on stuff. And it's not like he was arrested for something just kicked out of a bar and it's not like he was banned because he's been kicked out multiple times haha. So ya I'm not gonna say the bars because I'm sure you guys who have one sort of night life can figure out the spots people go to around town and ya. I don't know how this thread about Puig got totally sidetracked but I really do hope the Angels sign Puig if for nothing else "entertainment" value

Fair enough, but you mostly state evidence about drinking and drinking in public and being drunk will not bring a lot of scrutiny.  Being so far out of control to get kicked out of bars would be news. However if it was a one time occurance it probable wasn't a big deal.  In fact I can assume that the bartender could have embellished.

As for the media, Weaver was an all Star and one of the top pitchers in the majors.  National media would have picked it up if it was excessive.

One question is there any first hand evidence about Marijuana which is illegal and be a bigger story?  I know personally I can tell if someone is high on Marijuana as the scent is pretty strong.

10 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I'll guess that quite a lot of pro athletes like to get drunk and smoke weed during their off time.

We'll actually a lot of people get drunk and smoke weed in their off time.  I don't think the profession has much to do with it.  Except they have more off time and money to spend on drinks and weed

1 hour ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Something else must be going on here. Here the Dodgers are in the middle of a race with the hated Giants for the West and they have Puig down on the farm hitting around .400 and the guy the Dodgers replaced him with is hitting .149!!

There just has to be something else besides Puig being immature going on here.

Reddick replaced him 

This thread got so stupid. "I swear guys, believe me. Weaver is a fall down drunk and a pot head. Me and my friends all know it."

And if the Dodgers asking price were so low, they'd have traded him already. The funny thing about teams with talented players, when they trade them, they usually want something valuable back. 

I know, weird, right?

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

Fair enough, but you mostly state evidence about drinking and drinking in public and being drunk will not bring a lot of scrutiny.  Being so far out of control to get kicked out of bars would be news. However if it was a one time occurance it probable wasn't a big deal.  In fact I can assume that the bartender could have embellished.

As for the media, Weaver was an all Star and one of the top pitchers in the majors.  National media would have picked it up if it was excessive.

One question is there any first hand evidence about Marijuana which is illegal and be a bigger story?  I know personally I can tell if someone is high on Marijuana as the scent is pretty strong.

Yes