• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers trying to give away Puig

kevinb

So reports are saying the Dodgers trying to give away Puig. If they are trying to give him away would you be interested in the Angels getting him. Seems like a buy los candidate. Could fix the left field problems and could be a buy low sell high kind of person. Similar to what Yanks did with Chapman. Thoughts? 

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/report-dodgers-trying-to-give-away-puig-but-no-one-wants-him-082216

20 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So reports are saying the Dodgers trying to give away Puig. If they are trying to give him away would you be interested in the Angels getting him. Seems like a buy los candidate. Could fix the left field problems and could be a buy low sell high kind of person. Similar to what Yanks did with Chapman. Thoughts? 

It's worth considering....It would be the kind of "outside the box" move that I think Eppler needs to make to get us out of this mess.....I guess the Santiago trade fits that description, taking a chance on Meyer....Wasn't crazy about the trade but maybe it works out.....I do not believe we are going to be competitive anytime soon unless we try some risky things....signing professional international FA's (not amateur FA's, we are limited there because of Baldoquin) would be another way to try and dig out of this quicker...

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think being around Pujols, Trout and Calhoun, all three of which who demand respect, well perhaps he'd straighten out?

There are guys like Adrian Gonzales and Clayton Kershaw on the Dodgers, and it didn't do squat.  I firmly believe that the "veteran leadership" stuff is garbage.

That said, I'd love to take a low-cost flier on him.

If they are trying to give him away which the rumors are suggesting why wouldn't you just throw away something for him even if its just taking on his contract. The worst thing that happens is you cut him because he's a bad dude. The guys a knucklehead and immature but those are things that can change with right management and or people around him and years. I would take a flyer on him and see what happens. The worst that happens is he has a bad attitude they can't fix him and they cut their ties. Nothing less than the other guys the Angels have picked up hoping for a return to form or to get a little lucky. After the year the Angels have had with the bad luck in injuries, they are due for a little good luck. 

22 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think being around Pujols, Trout and Calhoun, all three of which who demand respect, well perhaps he'd straighten out?

Honestly though, I think the Dodgers want him as far away as possible.  

I think he's worth the risk. He's a fireball but what you said might be the best overall solution for him professionally. Or Miami.

From what I understand, Puig had a 'handler' much the same way Hamilton did and then the Dodgers got rid him.  If you brought him in, you'd have to go that route for sure.  Someone would need to watch this guy like a hawk.  Frankly, I just don't see Arte and co. wanting to deal with this headache.  

The guy was seemingly innocuous at first.  Just immature and stupid.  Now he's approaching the realm of being dangerous.  He's clearly a distraction to the clubhouse.  

I also can't see the Dodgers trading him down the street.  

I'm inclined to pass.  

After the whole Hamilton fiasco I wouldn't want to even think of bringing in another outfielder with that much baggage anytime soon. Even if there's tremendous upside. We just got burned by almost the exact same scenario - we haven't even paid it off yet!

Just sign some cheap vet to a 1 or 2 year deal this offseason and hope they provide some stability.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/report-dodgers-trying-to-give-away-puig-but-no-one-wants-him-082216

If they are giving him away....take him.  Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

54 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I would love to see Puig in an Angel uniform. Maybe he would go Mike Napoli on the Dodgers, when the Angels play them.

Wait... aren't you the guy that is hating everything Dodgers? I think you are just setting yourself up for self loathing for even making this post.