• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers trying to give away Puig

kevinb

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

So because Timmy is terrible, we should to bring Weaver back? I don't see the logic.

There are both terrible pitchers at this point in their careers.

I agree, but no where did I state that because Timmy is terrible we should bring Weaver back.

Are you just looking for someone to argue with?

Edited by Dick B Back
Rethought my response

21 hours ago, HALOS23 said:

Ken Rosenthal reporting that Puig has been placed on trade waivers...Do Angels put in a claim? 

Understand that all the NL teams from worst to best record have first dibs on a claim then the AL teams from worst to best record...no chance the Angels get to put in a claim.

Having Weaver back?  Why Not.  What is he this year 8-11 ?  Has had some quality starts, even some really good ones, got roughed up a few times -- clearly isn't the pitcher he was a the start of the contract but I think he's still a very serviceable 4/5 rotation guy and probably better than whatever we'd replace him with.

would he make 30-35 starts in 2017?  Probably not -- but he could make 25 or so and that's all we'd need.

Look, Halos are not exactly going anywhere much anyway -- so in a 're-tooling' year (I like that better than rebuilding) actually 're-tooling' year 1 of at least 2 -- he could give us some starts and if they are like the one this week -- get us through 6 innings -- hey, for a number 4/5 rotation guy -- I'll take it.

Could we do better than Weaver?  Sure.  Are we willing to pay for better? Probably not.  Could we do worse?  We could and have. Could we pay more for worse?  We could and we have.