• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Puig

Lou

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

An OF of Puig Trout and Calhoun gives me wood

Sounds like any team could've had him for a small price. 

If people are going to use the "high risk high reward" logic with Meyer then I don't understand how you can't use the same with Puig, especially when he fills a glaring hole of ours

The Dodgers didn't trade him because nobody wanted him ruining their run. No contender is going to throw dynamite into the clubhouse at this time of the year. Added to the fact he has declined in a rapid way since his rookie year, it just screams he was roided out of his gourd when the Dodgers brought him on board. That tells GMs to stay away because the only return to his former prowess will be a 50 game suspension.

Fuck Puig.

This isn't me hating. But how can anyone ignore his decline? Sure, lots of tools. But at what point do we acknowledge his rookie year was a fluke?...

He's still a talent, young enough and blessed enough to come around and be a solid player, maybe even get back to star level. But those of us who pointed out his shortcomings look a little smarter right now.

Dodgers dug themselves a hole by hyping that guy as much as they did. He dug it deeper by buying into it...

League caught up to him pretty quick. 

I wonder if this was partly a financial move?  According to Cot's.  He could opt into arbitration after 3 MLB seasons.  He started the season at 2.119.  Just guessing, but if he stays in the minors, he'd be a bit short of 3.  He's scheduled to make $6.5 million next year and $7.5 million in 2018.  With the way arbitration works, he could point to his first years as his potential, instead of the dumpster of the last 2 years.  And probably get more than $6.5 million.  On the Dodgers, side, it gives them another year at a relative bargain to determine what really to do with him. 

4 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

It is such a shame about this guys attitude.  He could have been a very good player, but he doesn't have the right personality to succeed at the big league level.

One of the guys on local sports talk radio said about Puig, "He's basically Pedro Cerrano. Once pitchers figured out that he can't hit breaking balls, they threw him little else."

I remember when ESPN was practically polishing his plaque at Cooperstown after he had been with the Dodgers for a month.

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

One of the guys on local sports talk radio said about Puig, "He's basically Pedro Cerrano. Once pitchers figured out that he couldn't hit breaking balls, they threw him little else."

I remember when ESPN was practically polishing his plaque at Cooperstown after he had been with the Dodgers for a month.

Yup.  When the league adjusted to him, Puig never adjusted to what they did.  That is what makes Trout so special.  The league adjusted to Trout and then Trout adjusted to what they did.

Puig has the talent to adjust, he just doesn't have the work ethic to do so.  

8 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Puig has the talent to adjust, he just doesn't have the work ethic to do so.  

To be fair, Puig was raised in abject poverty in Cuba. He has always gotten by on ability alone, and he was handed a lot of money at a very young age. He never really had to work. Now that he is at a level with guys who make millions to get him out, he has no idea what to do.

40 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

To be fair, Puig was raised in abject poverty in Cuba. He has always gotten by on ability alone, and he was handed a lot of money at a very young age. He never really had to work. Now that he is at a level with guys who make millions to get him out, he has no idea what to do.

He could try listening to the ones who make millions to teach him what to do.

3 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Sounds like any team could've had him for a small price. 

If people are going to use the "high risk high reward" logic with Meyer then I don't understand how you can't use the same with Puig, especially when he fills a glaring hole of ours

Maybe we don't want a dick filling that hole.