• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Sale was sent home from U.S. Cellular Field after cutting up throwback jerseys that he did not want to wear

Chuck

This story takes another fascinating turn. Via FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal: "Sale asked that they not wear (throwbacks) on his day because they are uncomfortable. Things escalated when they wouldn't relent." Sale went after the jerseys with a knife during pregame batting practice, and then apparently exchanged some words with members of the White Sox front office for putting merchandise sales ahead of winning. He could be traded before the August 1 deadline, though that wouldn't really have anything to do with this odd incident. Matt Albers is starting in Sale's place on Saturday night against the Tigers.

Jul 23 - 8:17 PM

2 hours ago, ettin said:

He gets paid good money to play professional baseball. This is not professional behavior no matter how ugly the uniforms.

According to the story they were uncomfortable. I seem to recall that George Costanza once had the Yankees wearing cotton uniforms with disastrous results. 

6 minutes ago, cezero said:

Poor baby. 

Marines who wear nothing but uncomfortable uniforms doing far more for far less money would get thrown in jail for such a stunt. 

Sale is a giant piece of shit. 

Actually military uniforms are quite comfortable. It's everything else that goes on top, or attaches that's uncomfortable.

12 minutes ago, cezero said:

I wish I were in your military. 

I wore 3-4 dress uniforms per day for ceremonies for 4 years, and they were not comfortable.

Fatigues/cammies were great, though.  We didn't get to wear them very often, though, lol.  

Don't listen to Kody about uniforms. He wears a onesie to work.

41 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

White Sox must enjoy seeing his trade value diminish by throwing a hissy fit. What a panzy.

he could kill a baby and it wouldn't diminish his trade value. he's a top 5 pitcher in baseball, maybe 1,2 with kershaw.

1 hour ago, cezero said:

I wish I were in your military. 

I wore 3-4 dress uniforms per day for ceremonies for 4 years, and they were not comfortable.

Fatigues/cammies were great, though.  We didn't get to wear them very often, though, lol.  

Truth be told, I was most uncomfortable in our PT gear. I had the upper half to rock the skivvy shirt like any other marine, but not gonna lie, I've got woman legs. They're too pretty to be a man's and I was made fun of mercilessly.

As for the dress and service uni's, the only thing that really bothered me were the shirt stays. I hardly ever wore them, was deployed most of the time, but the new desert boots were clunkers compared to the older, thinner ones. I traded them out. I was actually out of regulation, but no one in our command cared.