• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bryce Harper's prolonged slump

The Harper Butthurt Crowd should like this. Anyone noticed that he's really been slumping? After starting off ridiculously hot, from April 26 to the present he's hit .216 with a .324 SLG - only 4 HR in 190 PA, although he still has a .405 OBP during that span. The dude walks. Anyhow, his overall numbers are .249/.405/.488 with 13 HR - pretty good, but nothing like last year's Ruthian performance. Is this just a prolonged slump or is was last year a bit flukey? I was expecting him to come down a bit from .330/.460/.649, but maybe to something more garden-variety great like .300/.420/.600.

His BABIP is .247 this year compared to .369 last, and it was .352 and .306 in his first couple years, so maybe last year was a bit flukey, but this year should also improve some. Although what happened to the power? Still, I'd be surprised if he didn't finish with .280/.400/.550, with 30+ HR.

2 minutes ago, Ace_Shoemaker? said:

Harper is no way as good as Trout on or off the field, although I wouldn't be upset if he was playing LF for us someday in the future.

I can see the headlines now, dateline 2032:

Angels sign Bryce Harper to three-year deal. 39-yr old slugger on his way to Cooperstown. "I've still got some gas left in the tank," said the aging superstar, who hit 12 home runs last year in a season marked by injuries.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Angels sign Bryce Harper to three-year deal. 39-yr old slugger on his way to Cooperstown. "I've still got some gas left in the tank," said the aging superstar, who hit 12 home runs last year in a season marked by injuries.

How long is the personal services contract?

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

That would be right there with signing the 40 year-old Steve Finley to a 2 year deal.

5 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I noticed a little while ago that his teammate DMurph is ahead of him in fWAR (9th to 24th) and putting up ridiculous numbers this year. 

Wow, Daniel Murphy is hitting .359 with a .994 OPS. He's a career .293/.771 hitter.

i don't have a problem with harper. i don't know the guy, and i certainly don't subscribe to the "douche" moniker that seems to be thrown at everybody sooner or later. if he's a rude and unkind person, then i guess he's that type of dude, but he's not out there punching babies in the face and killing people while dwi. it'd be something to see him and trout in the same angel lineup, in their primes.

4 minutes ago, John Stellman said:

Harper is a typical example of all the east coast bias in sports.  His greatest cheer leader is ESPN.  He will never be the all around player Trout is.  How may All Star Game MVPs has he won?

He was better than Trout last year. I love Trout but that's impossible to argue with. And 'number of All Star Game MVPs won' is the least useful stat in the world.