• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bryce Harper's prolonged slump

who said Harper isn't really really good at baseball? 

i don't see anything entertaining about boorish behavior, on or off the field.  so you really don't dislike any athlete, actor or politician? 

you might want to check the definition of angry, also. 

Edited by Lou

Bonds was a complete asshole but the best baseball player of my generation by an incredibly long way. Who cares if Harper is an asshole? He's incredibly fun to watch play baseball, so long as he isn't playing on a team we are competing with.

23 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

No I think all the candidates blow nuts. What does that have to do with the price of bacon? Trout is great why can't Harper be great or good as well. I don't understand you people and by you people I mean sports people. You take athletes to seriously. Why can't athletes be entertainers. They play a game for a living and some like to talk and some be quiet who cares. Is everyone in baseball supposed to have the personality of a wet towel. I am an Angels fan really enjoy Trout and his personality but I also like Harper and his personality. You know just because he is loud and obnoxious and really really good at baseball doesn't mean you have to hate something you've probably never met. Sports is supposed to be enjoyed. Enjoy it or don't but getting bent out of shape about it daily ain't worth it. For example I can't stand Pujols overpaid, stinks, if I watch it makes me cringe while he's at the bat but that's about it. I don't let it ruin my day and don't think about it other than when it's brought up and then I go about my day. Some of you guys have this hard on for this kid who won the NL MVP and are so angry. Baseball is boring and it does need some excitement and people talking about stuff but doesn't mean people who are quiet like Trout aren't amazing as well. The world is full of different personalities. And for those that didn't read and want an easy what the hell is this rant about Haha just stop being so angry at athletes. 

I dislike when people act like douchebags, regardless of how good they are at their day jobs. I admire famous people (like Trout) who manage to show humility and not make everything about themselves. Harper is on my fantasy team, but I still think he's kind of a tool.

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I dislike when people act like douchebags, regardless of how good they are at their day jobs. I admire famous people (like Trout) who manage to show humility and not make everything about themselves. Harper is on my fantasy team, but I still think he's kind of a tool.

I don't know what's wrong with liking both players. Trout is an amazing baseball as is Harper. Harper just has more of a personality and is more outspoken which is great for the sport. Baseball hasn't had a lot of bright personalities lately what's wrong with having some showmanship and some entertainment value. Trout doesn't have that personality and there's nothing wrong with it at all. He's quiet which is great. Be who you are. Baseball has been so afraid of its own shadow with having personalities so it's nice having more players being outspoken and being able to be themselves and be entertaining. We are all baseball fans here. Don't u want to see the game continue going? It'll die in the national spotlight if the athletes don't shine and the game isn't entertaining. If you think I'm wrong go check out the WS ratings compared to other sports. 

28 minutes ago, Lou said:

who said Harper isn't really really good at baseball? 

i don't see anything entertaining about boorish behavior, on or off the field.  so you really don't dislike any athlete, actor or politician? 

you might want to check the definition of angry, also. 

You don't have to it's not about just you despite what you think. Not everyone loves cheese pizza all the time everyone is allowed to like different things. Some people dislike athletes being quiet and shy and others dislike athletes being loud and boisterous. And an actor if I dislike an actor I don't watch their movies similar to if I dislike an athlete I don't cheer for them. Politicians are there to keep the government afloat and keep humanity hopefully going forward. So yes I dislike politicians and have more personal feelings toward one or another. Athletes or actors don't change the way I live they are there for entertainment value and keeping us preoccupied why would I let one affect my day. Also I am not just talking about this board with people being angry at Harper you hear it as a talking point on sports talk shows. I don't get having hatred or anger towards a 23 or 24 year old kid but hey I'm sure some people get really angry at 19 year old college athletes because he made a bad play in a football basketball or baseball game but I don't either they are college athletes they will make mistakes. I don't understand the way our American sports athletes are being treated now. JJ Watt everyone loved now everyone thinks he's a douche because he's too famous or something. Just so funny how fanatics act. 

23 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I don't know what's wrong with liking both players. Trout is an amazing baseball as is Harper. Harper just has more of a personality and is more outspoken which is great for the sport. Baseball hasn't had a lot of bright personalities lately what's wrong with having some showmanship and some entertainment value. Trout doesn't have that personality and there's nothing wrong with it at all. He's quiet which is great. Be who you are. Baseball has been so afraid of its own shadow with having personalities so it's nice having more players being outspoken and being able to be themselves and be entertaining. We are all baseball fans here. Don't u want to see the game continue going? It'll die in the national spotlight if the athletes don't shine and the game isn't entertaining. If you think I'm wrong go check out the WS ratings compared to other sports. 

Being a douchebag =/= "having a personality." It's not about being loud vs. being quiet. There are players like Torii Hunter who are loud and outspoken but still come off as modest and team players. 

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Being a douchebag =/= "having a personality." It's not about being loud vs. being quiet. There are players like Torii Hunter who are loud and outspoken but still come off as modest and team players. 

To each his own. Everyone has different tastes. A ton of people were screaming on here telling Hunter to shut up when he made his racial comments as well. So everyone has different tastes. It's all good. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

so in order to have a problem with a guy he has to punch babies or kill someone while driving drunk? 

He did it again. That irascible baseball bad boy Bryce Harper was tossed from a game Monday after arguing balls and strikes from the dugout in the bottom of the 9th inning and then, one batter later, was on the field celebrating a Washington Nationals walk-off home run, but not before he found the offending umpire, stared him down and jabbed a finger at him while issuing a two-word decree that definitely did not ask the ump about his "truck hue." 

= Douche 

i stand by my previous post. i don't know the guy. maybe he and i wouldn't get along, but he's not breaking laws and hurting people. so yes, that is the barometer by which i pass sentence upon someone.

like i said, every "type" seems to be called a douche by somebody at some point. i make a conscious point to stay away from that type of thinking, as much as i can. if the guy's an asshole so be it, but i haven't seen him be called a cheater, he almost always plays hard and with an edge. as a player, i love the dude. as a person, i don't even know him, and i'm certainly not going to pretend that i do because he returned to the field of play and said fuck you to the umpire who threw him out. i know some pretty awesome people that have behaved much worse.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Is this a serious comment right now? I'm reading your post the exact way the guy in my profile picture is looking at it.

You don't consider these respectable numbers 64 games in?

.254 AVG

14 HR

41 RBI

40 R

.409 OBP

.911 OPS

2.6 WAR

If those aren't respectable, what do you call the numbers Pujols is putting up?

I would go a little bit further than even calling those Harper numbers respectable. I might even say they are very good.

Seriously.  Guy is a little off otherwise he's still a baller.  And he is probably Trouting right now and will finish around his normal line. 

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

You don't have to it's not about just you despite what you think. Not everyone loves cheese pizza all the time everyone is allowed to like different things. Some people dislike athletes being quiet and shy and others dislike athletes being loud and boisterous. And an actor if I dislike an actor I don't watch their movies similar to if I dislike an athlete I don't cheer for them. Politicians are there to keep the government afloat and keep humanity hopefully going forward. So yes I dislike politicians and have more personal feelings toward one or another. Athletes or actors don't change the way I live they are there for entertainment value and keeping us preoccupied why would I let one affect my day. Also I am not just talking about this board with people being angry at Harper you hear it as a talking point on sports talk shows. I don't get having hatred or anger towards a 23 or 24 year old kid but hey I'm sure some people get really angry at 19 year old college athletes because he made a bad play in a football basketball or baseball game but I don't either they are college athletes they will make mistakes. I don't understand the way our American sports athletes are being treated now. JJ Watt everyone loved now everyone thinks he's a douche because he's too famous or something. Just so funny how fanatics act. 

Again, look up the definition of anger. 

3 hours ago, ukyah said:

i stand by my previous post. i don't know the guy. maybe he and i wouldn't get along, but he's not breaking laws and hurting people. so yes, that is the barometer by which i pass sentence upon someone.

like i said, every "type" seems to be called a douche by somebody at some point. i make a conscious point to stay away from that type of thinking, as much as i can. if the guy's an asshole so be it, but i haven't seen him be called a cheater, he almost always plays hard and with an edge. as a player, i love the dude. as a person, i don't even know him, and i'm certainly not going to pretend that i do because he returned to the field of play and said fuck you to the umpire who threw him out. i know some pretty awesome people that have behaved much worse.

So that's your criteria - breaking the law and hurting someone. Oh, and having met the person.

"almost always plays hard"?  That's up there with AO's "almost had a triple-double"  He's been benched for lack of effort. And, yes, I do think an adult who, in the middle of his entire team celebrating a big win,  has to yell at another man " Fu** You!!"  I don't think that's acceptable behavior by anyone. 

"...if I dislike an athlete I don't cheer for them. Politicians are there to keep the government afloat and keep humanity hopefully going forward. So yes I dislike politicians and have more personal feelings toward one or another."

So which athletes don't you like? Which politicians? Which laws did they break? Who did the hurt? Where did you meet them?

5 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Bonds was a complete asshole but the best baseball player of my generation by an incredibly long way. Who cares if Harper is an asshole? He's incredibly fun to watch play baseball, so long as he isn't playing on a team we are competing with.

I care.

I also hated Bonds.

Just now, Kevinb said:

You're allowed to talk if your good if you suck then keep your mouth quiet no one cares haha. So yes I'd care but I don't let an athlete make or break my day 

I doubt any of us let an athlete break our day.  So you like arrogance, that's weird. 

55 minutes ago, Lou said:

I care.

I also hated Bonds.

You can hate Bonds I did as well but guess what he was an ass hole but was a fantastic baseball player. Trout couldn't hold his jock strap no offense to Angels fan. Trout is great but what Bonds did in his last year is incredible. Sorry not sorry.  Everyone in baseball and sports is on something if u don't think so try again 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I doubt any of us let an athlete break our day.  So you like arrogance, that's weird. 

Sorry baseball needs people with personalities baseball is dying. So sorry if personalities drives the meter on the national scale. Trout as great as he is doesn't drive any numbers. He is amazing but the national conscience doesn't know as much about him cause he doesn't market himself as such. Have an opinion or a take. I'll tell u what. When he is in his contract year he will talk more guarantee it. I don't like arrogance I like people with a known personality. I don't like people who are shy and boring Trout I like cause he's on my team that I root for but I think he is boring because know one knows who he is other than what he does on the field 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Sorry baseball needs people with personalities baseball is dying. So sorry if personalities drives the meter on the national scale. Trout as great as he is doesn't drive any numbers. He is amazing but the national conscience doesn't know as much about him cause he doesn't market himself as such. Have an opinion or a take. I'll tell u what. When he is in his contract year he will talk more guarantee it. I don't like arrogance I like people with a known personality. I don't like people who are shy and boring Trout I like cause he's on my team that I root for but I think he is boring because know one knows who he is other than what he does on the field 

No you don't like people with a known personality you like arrogance.  You already said if he sucked you wouldn't like him because he shouldn't be talking.  It's cool, I like the player, I like his fire.  However the general consensus is he's a douche.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

So that's your criteria - breaking the law and hurting someone. Oh, and having met the person.

"almost always plays hard"?  That's up there with AO's "almost had a triple-double"  He's been benched for lack of effort. And, yes, I do think an adult who, in the middle of his entire team celebrating a big win,  has to yell at another man " Fu** You!!"  I don't think that's acceptable behavior by anyone. 

"...if I dislike an athlete I don't cheer for them. Politicians are there to keep the government afloat and keep humanity hopefully going forward. So yes I dislike politicians and have more personal feelings toward one or another."

So which athletes don't you like? Which politicians? Which laws did they break? Who did the hurt? Where did you meet them?

Politicians effect my livelihood. Actors or athletes get paid based on people watching or going to the games. I do neither usually so I could care less. Be entertaining or don't be. This is a sport where athletes get paid to play a fucking sport and entertain us who the hell cares what they say or not say or if they do or don't do performance enhancers. 90% do something and good for them be amazing at what u do or don't do it. Also I've been drinking. Have fun enjoy sports for what they are. Don't take these sports for what they aren't more than entertainment value.