• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto - Mariners

43 minutes ago, Ender said:

This has been a 24 game stretch where the Mariners have outscored their opponents by 7 runs. Pythag expectation had us winning 13 in this stretch but we only won 8.

We have been 0-8 in 1 run games. Luck won't necessarily change, but I wouldn't expect us to be THIS bad the rest of the season.

The sweep by the Twins was inexcusable and horrid. We were swept by Texas who is beating EVERYONE currently. We split a series with the Indians. Won a series against Baltimore. Lost a series to Boston ... but one was a 2-1 loss. And we got walked off 8-7 by the Tigers last night.

Felix is hurt. Wade Miley is hurt. Taijuan Walker will hit the DL next (I am assuming). We are likely fucked.

No one in this division will catch Texas now ... but our season isn't over as we're only 2.5 games out of a Wildcard spot nearing the Allstar break.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm unhappy as hell about our performance lately, but you really shouldn't be gloating about our precipitous fall when you're still quite a bit below.

So what youre saying is, losing 3 of your starting 5 to injury is effecting your team? We cant even imagine such a scenario

Wonder where youd be if that happened in april...

41 minutes ago, Ender said:

/Waves down to you.

Lol. Bro, a few weeks ago you were on here running your suck about how good you guys werethis year, and playoff stanings in may. Now your team is in free fall, about to be .500....

Yes, rhats better than us....if being .500 and finishing (in june) ahead of us for the first time in more than a decade is something to jump up and down for, i think its fair to say being a mariner fan is an wven sadder existence than we all previously assumed.

20 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So what youre saying is, losing 3 of your starting 5 to injury is effecting your team? We cant even imagine such a scenario

Wonder where youd be if that happened in april...

lol @ 2 guys on the DL (and 1 maybe) ?  we have more than that - and that's just counting our starting pitchers. 

What are we at now, 9 guts on the DL? 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol @ 2 guys on the DL (and 1 maybe) ?  we have more than that - and that's just counting our starting pitchers. 

What are we at now, 9 guts on the DL? 

Well with the way some of you guys talk about CJ Wilson on here ... I'm not sure many of you cared he is gone.

But yeah everyone has their injuries. We started playing poorly when Leonys Martin and Ketel Marte initially hit the DL. Felix has been there for a while. Miley just joined him. Looks like Taijuan Walker is GOING to join them. We haven't had Furbush at all this year, or Evan Scribner, or Ryan Cook in the bullpen. Tony Zych has been out a while.

But injuries can only be so much of an excuse. Texas has deal with a ton of injuries, but they pull people up like Profar, Mazara and Gallo from their farm and it really isn't a huge hit when you have such a good farm.

I envy that ability.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Batting practice.   He's keeping us fresh for when fans of a good team show up to mock us.

You act just as butthurt when Rangers fans come in here.

You won a World Series 14 years ago, that you may not have won if Dusty Baker wasn't retarded, since then you've really done nothing but choke in the playoffs. So yes you're right ... the Mariners are a shitty franchise, but don't act like you're the god damn Yankees or something.

9 minutes ago, Ender said:

You won a World Series 14 years ago, that you may not have won if Dusty Baker wasn't retarded, since then you've really done nothing but choke in the playoffs. So yes you're right ... the Mariners are a shitty franchise, but don't act like you're the god damn Yankees or something.

Forget the world series. Compare our last 14 years to the mariners....

Choking in the playoffs > not finishing even second in the division since pre 9/11

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Congrats on your AL West Crowns. Ranks up there in achievements with our 116 wins banner.

I think for a guy who for weeks has been bragging to other fans about his teams second place status and second wild card chances prior to the all star break, well, AL west crowns would mean something. Silly me.

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Dear Lightweight..

I didn't win anything, the Angels however did win a WS..   No matter what the Angels failures may be Mariner fans have no room to speak -- none.   That lifetime .468 winning percentage speaks for you.   

Now find one single post of mine on ANY Mariners message board acting acting like the Angels are the Yankees..  or even better -- bragging about the standings in May..  LOL..  

I'll wait....

And for the record -- last ten years... http://www.baseball-reference.com/games/head2head.cgi?teams=ANA&from=2006&to=2015&submit=Submit

16 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

you know what's impressive about that link? if you arrange it by winning percentage against the rest of mlb. the only team that the angels aren't .500 or better than is the atlanta braves. i'll say that again because i was not aware of that, other than that one team the angels are .500 or better against mlb over the last ten years.