• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Eppler

What are you calling exceeding expectations,  is it only your definition or something tangible like exceeding the early Las Vegas book or the media experts,  maybe even projected standings based on stats? If it is your expectations then no team wins every fucking year so get over it.

1 minute ago, OregonLAA said:

General expectations. Should I read you the definition for expectations?

a strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future: reality had not lived up to expectations | an expectation that the government will provide the resources | he drilled his men in expectation of a Prussian advance.• belief that someone will or should achieve something: students had high expectations for their future.• (expectationsarchaic one's prospects of inheritance.• Mathematics another term for expected value.

:clipart-cool-boy-call-me-smiley-emoticon-4021:

This season is not on Billy Eppler

This season is not on Mike Scioscia.

Having said that, I think it is time to turn the page on Scioscia and bring in someone new.

Eppler deserves at least 2 more seasons to try to rebuild the farm system and big league club before anyone can really judge him

Realistically, Arte Moreno is the biggest problem with the Angels by far

Edited by GrittyVeterans

Everything on paper showed we should be better than we were last year. Yet we are worse. Bullpen has been solid. Bench is better. Offense is more or less the same though you could argue either way. Staff was the same before injuries. Bad luck though I guess

18 minutes ago, cezero said:

It matters very little who he hires when his priority has been to give mega contracts to FA year after year after year. 

How can you, and a lot of other Angles fans, not understand?  

It's surreal. 

Year after year? By that you mean 2012 and 2013 right? What giant mega contracts have the Angels shelled out since then? 

I like how Scioscia starts Shane Robinson the first day he gets moved up...gets 2 hits...runs the bases "The Angels Way"...scores 2 runs...Haven't seen him since.

Good Ol' Scioscia - He really know how to play the "hot hand" - yet keeps Albert in Clean Up.

Scioscia is simply horrid...whereas Joe Maddon sent the Rays to the World Series and the Cubbies are the best team in baseball...and Scioscia's "platooning" never allows players to keep hot...and stay in rhythm. 

1 hour ago, failos said:

I've always suspected that Eppler is a "Yes Man." We can't really know for sure. 

It's time for a new manager. I like Sosh, but it's time to turn the page on him and try something different. Eppler isn't the problem.

I've been saying this for the last EIGHT seasons!

Lasorda Jr. should have been fired after this transparent, moronic play in Game 4 of the 2008 ALDS.  That was the Angels best team during the Scioscia regime, and all he could do was win ONE playoff game.

Image result for 2008 angels squeeze play

Image result for 2008 angels squeeze play

52 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well he posted it 50 minutes ago, which is about when Casali and Miller homered. So there's that.

And @OregonLAA, this is largely the (out)house that Dipoto build.

i think you mean moreno. 

dipoto was in the same boat as eppler, the only difference is eppler was forewarned by the dipoto fiasco that there was a scioscia dynamic in place. knowing that ahead of time has probably been a useful tool for him. neither dipoto nor eppler can be blamed for the absolute shit that is the angels system. 

37 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

General expectations. Should I read you the definition for expectations?

Fan expectations vary rather wildly..   Statistical projections are something else entirely.   You may think the definition of expectation is obvious but, the question itself isn't.

I am all for replacing someone who isn't doing the job, but did anyone truthfully expect any GM to fix all of this team's problems in one offseason with no budget to work with? It takes years to rebuild a farm system, and when you're trying to fill holes on the major league club but you are not allowed to spend significant money, you have to take a leap of faith on players who may or may not pan out. It is far too early to pass judgment, IMO.

45 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Everything on paper showed we should be better than we were last year. Yet we are worse. Bullpen has been solid. Bench is better. Offense is more or less the same though you could argue either way. Staff was the same before injuries. Bad luck though I guess

You mean the season where we were below average offensively and pitching wise, yet we won 85 games?  Give me a fucking break OLAA.  Do you blame Sosh for Iannetta and Joyce being awful?  

Lot of things have broken the wrong way this season.   But generally if you're looking for the big problem, we have an owner with marketing as his middle name.  If marketing and team performance go together, everything's fine.  Vladdy and lowered beer prices.  Sometimes it doesn't and it appears the car is detailed and shiny with blingy wheels, but are the radiator hoses 15 years old and when were the bolts torqued?  A comparison to the plumbing at Angel stadium is in order.    The good:  that should keep Mike Trout in an Angel uniform through most of his contract at least.  The bad:  there's some real gaps up front and behind the scenes and no GM will have the power to change that without a budget infusion. 

29 minutes ago, 70runner said:

Too soon for Eppler, not at all too soon to dump Scioscia.  Just sticking Pujols in the cleanup spot every game should be reason enough.  This team is too old, too slow, and just not very competitive.

It's like weekend at F'n Bernie's the way Sosh keeps wheeling that corpse up to the plate everyday trying to fool us that he's still alive!:angry:

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You mean the season where we were below average offensively and pitching wise, yet we won 85 games?  Give me a fucking break OLAA.  Do you blame Sosh for Iannetta and Joyce being awful?  

No it's clearly just bad luck that every free agent we sign comes here and doesn't produce. Then they go elsewhere and perform better. Shit happens I guess. For 13 years in a row with one of the highest payrolls in baseball. Just chalk it up to you win some and you lose some

4 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

No it's clearly just bad luck that every free agent we sign comes here and doesn't produce. Then they go elsewhere and perform better. Shit happens I guess. For 13 years in a row with one of the highest payrolls in baseball. Just chalk it up to you win some and you lose some

Who has left and performed better?  

Freese and Joyce look like different people compared to last year. Though I never considered Freese unproductive. That's not the point. No one comes here and plays better. Our scouting sucks. We always happen to choose the wrong free agents. It's not just luck. It's our organization. It's the leadership. And there are only two constants in the last 10 years. 

Im sick of people giving Scioscia a pass as if what is happening should be acceptable.