• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Eppler

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I still wonder if Moreno's heart isn't in it anymore.

I wonder the same thing.   He's kind of painted himself in a corner with the big contracts, the upside down business model where the manager rules, and the injuries.  Arte has a case of buyer's remorse.

One thing I wondered is what a Dave Dombrowski or Brian Sabean would recommend if they ran his baseball operation instead of fellow billboard salesmen.

I like both Dipoto and Eppler as GMs.

23 hours ago, California Cajun said:

I wonder if Arte would fire Scioscia if not for owing him money for the rest of his contract.

I don't think Scioscia will be re-hired after his contract expires.  Then the GM can hire his own guy and be the boss.

To me, Arte was a great owner when Stoneman was GM and has been at a loss as to what to do ever since.

If the Angels aren't heavily invested in scouting, national and international, their future isn't bright.

What Scioscia is owed is a spit in the bucket compared to what Arte paid out to get rid of GMJr, Wells or Hamilton. Moreno has no problem paying for a problem to go away.

23 hours ago, California Cajun said:

I wonder if Arte would fire Scioscia if not for owing him money for the rest of his contract.

I don't think Scioscia will be re-hired after his contract expires.  Then the GM can hire his own guy and be the boss.

To me, Arte was a great owner when Stoneman was GM and has been at a loss as to what to do ever since.

If the Angels aren't heavily invested in scouting, national and international, their future isn't bright.

Arte inherited a good situation and he invested a lot of money into it. The team was coming off a world series win, had the best farm system in baseball and he went out and signed Vladimir Guerrero. Just about everything he's done since then has pushed the team in the wrong direction.

Man, it's too bad the third team that had the player who didn't pass his physical in the Angels/Blue Jays trade to acquire Michael Saunders didn't go through.

Would have been a great trade for Eppy and the Angels to bring production to the offense.

Saunders who is a good defender as well is slashing .311/.387/.557 with 5 home runs for the Blue Jays. 

We seriously have the worst of luck this year. 

:crying-fountain:

58 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

Man, it's too bad the third team that had the player who didn't pass his physical in the Angels/Blue Jays trade to acquire Michael Saunders didn't go through.

Would have been a great trade for Eppy and the Angels to bring production to the offense.

Saunders who is a good defender as well is slashing .311/.387/.557 with 5 home runs for the Blue Jays. 

We seriously have the worst of luck this year. 

:crying-fountain:

Yeah but considering this team's luck, if they did end up getting Saunders he'd probably suck here