• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

18 hours ago, Tank said:

i don't follow scouting reports and grading systems for minor leaguers. if you don't mind, can you explain what going from a 70 to a 30 means? thanks.

80 is the very best and 20 is the very worst. 

He went from well above average to well below average

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/general-managers-view-who-flies-below-the-radar/     Good read, Billy Eppler on Brandon Marsh and his development/upside.

"In the marketplace, I’ve been asked about him in trades a number of times already.”

Let's hope he doesn't get traded it if he does we aren't suffering from buyers remorse.

Edited by Blarg

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/general-managers-view-who-flies-below-the-radar/     Good read, Billy Eppler on Brandon Marsh and his development/upside.

Thanks for sharing that I love the comp Eppler threw out there as well that would be an amazing success if he even comes close to Walker's career!

45 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Nice. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Marsh ends up better than Jones and Adell.

I've had nothing but a gut suspicion for a handful of months now that this could be the case, although Adell has so much potential too.

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

"In the marketplace, I’ve been asked about him in trades a number of times already.”

Let's hope he doesn't get traded it if he does we aren't suffering from buyers remorse.

Again nothing but a gut feeling for a while now but I have a strong inclination that Marsh is our long-term keeper, possibly along with Adell depending on how this off-season and next off-season plays out. I am hoping we will have a really tough choice to make regarding our outfield in 2-3 years if Marsh rockets through our system.

I love Marsh, but I think he's going to be one of the most frustrating players we have. He'll be great when he's healthy but he'll be injured often. We'll finish a few games back and it'll be "If Marsh hadn't missed those two weeks in August we might have won. I like our position heading into next year." Or "If Marsh were healthy we would have had a shot in the division series. I think we have a great chance next year."

Hopefully as he finishes mailing physically he can kick these injuries. He had tremendous upside when healthy and had been productive when playing as well.

1 minute ago, eaterfan said:

I love Marsh, but I think he's going to be one of the most frustrating players we have. He'll be great when he's healthy but he'll be injured often. We'll finish a few games back and it'll be "If Marsh hadn't missed those two weeks in August we might have won. I like our position heading into next year." Or "If Marsh were healthy we would have had a shot in the division series. I think we have a great chance next year."

Hopefully as he finishes mailing physically he can kick these injuries. He had tremendous upside when healthy and had been productive when playing as well.

The whole speed/power combo seems to end up on the shelf due to injury more often than other types.. at least for humans and not Baseball demi-gods like Trout   Consider Larry Walker, who Eppler is comping him to.  The biggest knock on his game for most of his career was his tendency to suffer some injury or another...   It's a concern for sure, but a guy with that type of ability is something this organization sorely needs..

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The whole speed/power combo seems to end up on the shelf due to injury more often than other types.. at least for humans and not Baseball demi-gods like Trout   Consider Larry Walker, who Eppler is comping him to.  The biggest knock on his game for most of his career was his tendency to suffer some injury or another...   It's a concern for sure, but a guy with that type of ability is something this organization sorely needs..

Agreed. I really like his upside. And he's the perfect player to have under club control. If he's eating to 10% of the team payroll and gets hurt them it's rough. If he's eating up league minimum then it's not an issue.

Hi, so it looks like BA is starting there yearly top 10 prospects for every time team. We still a long way out, until they do the top 10 for us. anyways, i wanted to a quick overview/ analysis on a few prospects that have caught my attention this past year.

Before i start, i want to let you guys know that i am no scout, most of this information i get is reading from multiple scouting reports and listening to pod cast over a few years. 

1. The first prospect that caught my attention has to be Jones. it wasn't the early struggles or the hot streak that caught my attention. It was his ability to make adjustments, to work on his loop holes ( such as the breaking balls). at a such a young age and the having the ability to adjust will help him on the long range. I've heard people say that he strikes out a bit, but i think as he starts to see more pitches he'll be able to recognize them better, i think his strike- walk rate was 2:1, compared to Kyle Tucker 2:1, Acuna has a 3:1 rate.

Predictions 2018- Should play about 70% of games at AA.  Comp- Lorenzo Cain/ Raja Davis. 

Hits- 55 Power 45  Run- 65 Patience 50  Arm 50 Filed 60 Overall 55 ( and Improving) 

2. If your mashing it like Marsh did this past season, You know your catching on to people eyes. This is what Marsh did  and did he fill the score sheet up, 22 XBH in 39 games. From the scouting reports, it looks as like he know the strike join really well and can pick the best pick to hit. The Speed and Power are truly intriguing and if he can develop all of his tools, we are looking at a special 5 tool player.  

Predictions- Starts at (A), goes up to (A adv) and if he stays healthy i see him in a few games at (AA).

Hits- 55 power 55 Run 60 Patience-40? Arm 60 Filed 60 Overall 55 ( If he can put up similar number at A adv he's  a 60)

3. When you go from the low 90s to the high 90 at 19 you know you have a high ceiling. That was the case for the 6"3 168  Jose Soriano. He is still very young and raw but has the chance to over take Crod has our best pitching prospect.  With a plus plus fastball and curve that rates as a an 50 grade pitch (chance to develop into a plus pitch) only pitch that still needs to improve is his change up.  the strikeout rate needs to improve but the G.O. rate is really good.

Predictions- Stay at orem, eventually goes to (A)

Fastball- 65 Curve- 50 Change- 50 Control- 50 overall 50

4.  Chris Rodriguez: the numbers at first do not look good at all. But there are a few intriguing numbers to look at  2 hrs allowed against competition older than him, 14 BB and 56 k in 57 inning and 1.47 G.O/ A.O. These numbers remind be of a former prospect....... Mike Clevinger. If he can work out at smoothing his delivery he should be able to follow the same path as Cleavinger.

Prediction- stays at (A), goes to (A adv) and depening on the year he may end up at (AA).

Fastball- 60 Curve- 50 Slider- 50 Change- 50 Control 55 overall 50

5. The Surprise: The surprising prospect for next year is going to be Jesus Castillo.  Do not be surprised if he's knocking on the door sometimes next year, at 6"2 and 165 Ib there still improvements coming, as we saw with his fastball jumping up to 93 and his body his reaching the age with it should be fully developed.  the final product should be a guy that adds about 15 pounds and shows a fastball that hit 94/95 with a plus change and good curve.  He reminds be of Jose de leon, I don't see Castillo having the front-line ceiling but i see  him as an inning eater 3 that has a few season similar to a decent 2.  

predictions-   Sept- call up

Fastball- 55 (60 if body fills out) Curve- 50 Change- 60  Control 60 overall- 55