• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$18m Batting Practice Pitcher

nate

There is a difference between understanding where he is in his career and being shitty. Some people on here cross the line to being shitty. Granted that is just my opinion.

I agree that some people could be more respectful to the guy.  He has been an amazing pitcher for the team.  Also, his heart and passion is unmatched.  When it comes to that aspect of Weaver, I wish the Angels had 25 of those guys all season long.

Edited by VariousCrap

He needs to be in the bullpen. It would be difficult for a lineup to square him up after watching Richards fire 97-99 mph fastballs. He could be a 6th or 7th inning guy following Richards. Otherwise, he 's done.

Go Halos!!!

Edited by 19HALO71

Babe Ruth knew when it was time to go. He left in the middle of a game, early in the 1935 season, and retired right then and there. 

Jered Weaver has been a great pitcher for the Angels for ten years. He's thrown a lot of innings. Perhaps it's time. I would give him at least seven starts and then evaluate him at that point.

Edited by fan_since79

Weaver was an absolute beast. He hadn't intentionally walked a batter in years and put so many 0's on the board, game after game. He's been one of my favorites for a while. With that being said, currently, we cannot give him the ball every 5th day. As much as i'd love to see him get back to the high 80's low 90's, it seems to be pretty unrealistic at this point in his career. We need to win, and that is the bottom line.

Weaver has become one of my favorite all time Angels.  Was glad when they drafted him out of CSULB as I'm an alumni, graduated the year after he was drafted and didn't think he'd fall to the Angels.  I don't blame him for trying to do what he can when he's out there on the mound because if they pencil him into the lineup he's shown that he's a gamer and he's going to at least try.  If he isn't getting the job done it's on the coaching staff to pull the plug.  As far as a buyout if I'm him I'm not walking away from a dime. 

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat