• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$18m Batting Practice Pitcher

nate

A scout told Pedro Moura of the Los Angeles Times that Jered Weaver topped out at 80 mph in his two-inning Cactus League start Wednesday against the Dodgers.

Weaver was shelled for five runs on six hits, yielding homers to Joc Pederson, Scott Van Slyke, and Austin Barnes. The home run from Barnes came on a 78 mph fastball. Weaver also struggled with velocity in 2015 and finished with a career-worst 4.64 ERA in 159 innings. We'd be avoiding the 33-year-old batting practice pitcher in all fantasy formats.

And yes, he served up a HR on a 78 MPH fastball

Maybe Weaver should have lifted some more weights instead of yoga...  78 mph fastball is just absurd.

He's done

Screw off dude. Weaver took a huge discount more than once to pitch here and now you want to piss on him. Fans like you are why I don't blame an athlete who has no loyalty and chases the money. 

It's a good thing we can always rely on you, Oh Great Superfan, to fight the good fight! Fight on!

I'm a superfan yet I hated the Pujols deal and was very vocal about it.......Let me guess......you were the clouded superfan when Pujols signed right? 

I have no problem recognizing I'm an optimist. You realize this is a hobby which is intended to bring joy right? 

Certain players deserve respect and it sucked watching this board trash GA, Guerrero, and now Weaver. 

It's pretty clear Weaver is not looking good. I have some minimal hope considering despite his lack of velocity he kept the HRS down last year. The OP had no productive take to bring up on Weaver, he just wanted to take a cheap shot. 

Professional sports is a cruel world to make a living in. These guys are human beings.

Orange County is one of, if not the "kindest" place to experience what Weave is going through right now.

I'm sure he will take today home with him, and he is going to have some decisions to make about going on with this.

Scioscia won't take him out of his role unless he asks him to, and I'm sure Weave knows that.

The way I see it is there are guys that should be free of harsh criticism, Weaver is that kind of guy. It's obvious his stuff is gone, but he's had a top 3 career for an Angel starting pitcher. He's also signed a team friendly deal. He's had a great career and probably deserves credit.

Of course he deserves enormous credit for what he did here over a long time. But that doesn't change the fact that he is now bad to the point where it will be highly detrimental to our chances of winning when he takes the hill. Sadly, barring some miracle velocity resurgence, Weaver is done.

1. Jered Weaver always gets extra defensive support behind him because he gets to be his own catcher

0 retweets6 likes

Retweet

More

a top-secret government drone program has been researching how to provide aerial refueling to Jered Weaver's fastball

7 retweets26 likes

Retweet

More

if you see a baseball seemingly lying still on the ground, don't pick it up, because it might be a Jered Weaver fastball

31 retweets64 likes

Retweet

More

every fresh Jered Weaver fastball ends up with a five o'clock shadow

11 retweets19 likes

Retweet

More

they say a leprechaun has hidden a pot of gold at the end of every Jered Weaver fastball

10 retweets25 likes

Retweet

More

Jered Weaver is a difficult pitcher to frame because of how his catchers keep falling asleep

11 retweets36 likes

Retweet

More

in the time it takes a Jered Weaver fastball to get to home plate C.J. Wilson could complete a whole interview

7 retweets23 likes

Retweet

More

one of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm walking down the sidewalk and I get stuck behind a group of Jered Weaver fastballs

110 retweets188 likes

Retweet

More

other fastballs honk at Jered Weaver's fastball on the freeway

110 retweets212 likes

Retweet

More

He's said he's been waking up wondering if that's the day it finally all clicks.

If that's what he's wondering, he's likely not very confident on the mound.

He's given us all he has, pretty literally. I don't think there's anything left in the tank, and when he accepts and understands that, he'll walk away.

Not one of those were even remotely funny.

Not one of those were even remotely funny.

Sullivan is a Mariners fan -- anyone that's ever read Lookout Landing over the years knows of his open hatred for the Angels and his constantly talking about how much more joy he derived from having the Ms beat the Angels than any other team.   It's to be expected.  Nothing to get upset about.

Edited by Inside Pitch