• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout

This is kind of off-topic, but I was wondering about the value of Trout. Seeing the Miller deal, I think the D-backs made the right move. Goldy is a FA in 4 years, Pollock is controlled for a similiar time period, and Greinke will more than likely have his last great years within the next 2-4 years. They needed to be as competitive as possible within this time period and therefore traded the future for the present (within 3 years). 

However, I do think that the pay was very steep. I would say it was an overpay, except that every deal recently has looked like an overpay. Perhaps, this is just what the market is turning into. Just looking at Fernandez' asking price of Pederson, Seager, Urias, got me thinking... what haul of players would Trout net?

NOT proposing we trade Trout, before anyone accuses me of that lol , just wondering.

BTW: That Braves system is looking extremely appealing. Imagine us having Swanson, Newcomb, Albies, Blair, Toussaint, Allard, etc.

I'm not trying to jinx it, but I think his smartest route would be to become a legacy player for one team, the Angels.  He will make more money here than he can spend or give in a lifetime.  As long as he's happy with this location, organization, coaches and fellow players that will be the only thing that really matters.

Because this is a fun game to play, I'll give it a shot: at this point, with five years of club control, I'd require (as the GM trading Trout) an excellent young position player and an excellent young pitcher, along with a useful major league ready part and two highly touted prospects.

So from a team like the D-Backs, I'd require Pollock, Corbin, Lamb, Swanson, and Bradley.

I'm not trying to jinx it, but I think his smartest route would be to become a legacy player for one team, the Angels. He will make more money here than he can spend or give in a lifetime. As long as he's happy with this location, organization, coaches and fellow players that will be the only thing that really matters.

I think many would have called Pujols a legacy player at one point. Those don't seem to exist anymore.

there is no amount of value out there from any one team that could replace what Trout is bringing to this franchise right now.  If they traded him, I would quit being an Angel fan.

i'll take it a step farther. if the angels traded trout to the dodgers, then i would become a dodger fan. 

Right now, I don' think anyone can afford him with 5 years left on his contract.

But 1-2 years left, and I think the haul would be similar to what the Rangers got for Teixeria from the Braves.  Going off of 2007 Baseball America's top 100.

Rangers got

Saltamacchia #36, #1 braves

Andrus #65, #2

Feliz

Harrison #90, #3

Beau Jones (don't know if beau is the same as brandon, but if he is, #4)

So pretty much 3 top 100 picks and 2 other players that were high on the prospect list.

In about 3 years when the team continues to be hampered by a bad FO....they'll shop Trout. There are a few teams who have the young pieces to land him, one of them being the Red Sox

I think we all know where this is leading

QeNQ3pB.png

You're being ridiculous......that cap is simply too big.